Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
The Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (CSI) promotes science and scientific inquiry, critical thinking, science education, and the use of reason in examining important issues. It encourages the critical investigation of controversial or extraordinary claims from a responsible, scientific point of view and disseminates factual information about the results of such inquiries to the scientific community, the media, and the public.
To carry out these objectives the Committee:
- Publishes Skeptical Inquirer magazine
- Sponsors publications and newsletters across the world including the Spanish Pensar and the UK Skeptic
- Conducts public and media outreach efforts through the Council for Media Integrity
- Maintains an international network of groups and individuals interested in critically examining paranormal, fringe-science, and related claims
- Convenes conferences and meetings at the local, national and international levels
- Conducts educational programming and development through the Inquiring Minds program
- Maintains web sites of consumer interest, including Camp Inquiry, the Skeptic's Toolbox, the Skeptiseum, and Phil Klass' UFO Files.
- Does not reject claims on a priori grounds, antecedent to inquiry, but examines them objectively and carefully
CSI is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization, in operation for over twenty-five years. The Skeptical Inquirer, published six times a year, is its official journal. Skeptical Briefs newsletter is available to Associate Members.