Director of Development
The Center for Inquiry (CFI), a secular nonprofit educational and advocacy organization, with offices in Amherst, NY and Washington, D.C., has an opening for Director of Development. The mission of CFI is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values. The Director of Development has the responsibility to design, manage, and implement nationwide fundraising through fund drive mailings, donor meetings, and other strategies. Position demands top organizational skills, proficiency with Raiser's Edge development software, plus ability to communicate importance of organization's mission to large donors and close major gifts. Development Director must also be familiar with gift-giving strategies, including basic estate planning and gift annuities. Development Director supervises staff of two; reports directly to President & CEO.
Prior successful fundraising experience is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills essential.
The Development Director can elect to be based either in Amherst, NY or Washington, D.C., with the understanding that monthly trips between the offices are required. Some additional travel to meet with donors is also required.
Compensation based on skill level. Generous benefits package. Applications accepted until position is filled. Submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Inquiry is looking to hire a web developer to maintain its current suite of websites and other web services, develop additional websites, and integrate new web technologies to address various needs.
The web developer will work closely with the Web Designer to:
- develop and maintain ExpressionEngine-based dynamic websites
- maintain and implement other web-based services to address other specific needs including e-commerce, publishing, communications, and advocacy
- create documentation for all of CFI’s current websites and web services
- plan strategies to ensure that all of CFI’s web presence is effectively designed, developed, and maintained
Creating and maintaining these web solutions requires:
- extensive experience developing and maintaining websites running on content management systems, including creating templates, using add-ons, and optimizing for efficient and reliable performance
- strong knowledge of and ability to manually write standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- the ability to take a visual design and develop it into a fully functioning website
- experience with PHP and SQL queries
- the ability to analyze the goals of Center for Inquiry and its affiliate organizations and implement web solutions that are suited to the needs of the organizations and the capabilities of a small web department
- experience administering and configuring Linux/Apache servers
- experience implementing e-commerce
- great teamwork abilities
Additional, preferred qualifications include:
- experience developing for and configuring the ExpressionEngine content management system in particular
- an understanding of user experience and translating user requirements into web solutions
- ability to convert images, audio, and video to web-appropriate formats
- MySQL database administration
- experience with Web Services, SOAP, and APIs
- experience with optimizing web sites and content for mobile platforms a plus
- knowledge of developing for Facebook pages and apps a plus
- experience with user authentication and content delivery a plus
The Web Developer position is located at CFI headquarters in Amherst, NY.
Salary is negotiable and based on the applicant’s experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include links to 3-5 websites that you have worked on and a description of your involvement with each site.