The Center for Inquiry (CFI), a secular nonprofit educational and advocacy organization, with offices in Amherst, NY and Washington, D.C., has an opening for a Development Manager in its Amherst office. The mission of CFI is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values. The Development Manger will be part of a 3-person development staff and play a major role in working as part of a team to manage and implement nationwide fundraising.
In particular, the individual in this position will work to assist in fundraising at branches located in satellite offices around the country. Another major role for the individual in this position will be to help oversee and manage the newly implemented donor-membership program. Other responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Planning fundraising/donor events
- Donor research
- Assisting director in donor cultivation
- Helping develop strategy
- General database administration
Position demands top organizational skills and flexibility to handle and prioritize concurrent tasks. Affinity with and overall understanding of the cause and goals of the organization are important to success in this position. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also essential. A background in non-profit fundraising is preferred. This position reports to the Development Director. Some travel may be required.
Compensation based on skill level. Generous benefits package. Applications accepted until position is filled. Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Inquiry is looking to hire a web developer to maintain its current suite of websites and other web services, develop additional websites, and integrate new web technologies to address various needs.
The web developer will work closely with the Web Designer to:
- develop and maintain ExpressionEngine-based dynamic websites
- maintain and implement other web-based services to address other specific needs including e-commerce, publishing, communications, and advocacy
- create documentation for all of CFI’s current websites and web services
- plan strategies to ensure that all of CFI’s web presence is effectively designed, developed, and maintained
Creating and maintaining these web solutions requires:
- extensive experience developing and maintaining websites running on content management systems, including creating templates, using add-ons, and optimizing for efficient and reliable performance
- strong knowledge of and ability to manually write standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- the ability to take a visual design and develop it into a fully functioning website
- experience with PHP and SQL queries
- the ability to analyze the goals of Center for Inquiry and its affiliate organizations and implement web solutions that are suited to the needs of the organizations and the capabilities of a small web department
- experience administering and configuring Linux/Apache servers
- experience implementing e-commerce
- great teamwork abilities
Additional, preferred qualifications include:
- experience developing for and configuring the ExpressionEngine content management system in particular
- an understanding of user experience and translating user requirements into web solutions
- ability to convert images, audio, and video to web-appropriate formats
- MySQL database administration
- experience with Web Services, SOAP, and APIs
- experience with optimizing web sites and content for mobile platforms a plus
- knowledge of developing for Facebook pages and apps a plus
- experience with user authentication and content delivery a plus
The Web Developer position is located at CFI headquarters in Amherst, NY.
Salary is negotiable and based on the applicant’s experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include links to 3-5 websites that you have worked on and a description of your involvement with each site.