DEBATE: “Was Darwin Wrong?” with Michael Shermer
CFI Austin is proud to co-sponsor this special event
with Dr. Michael Shermer:
WAS DARWIN WRONG?
A Debate About Evolution and Intelligent Design
Representing the Evolution argument:
- Michael Shermer: Founder of the Skeptics Society, author of Why Darwin Matters, The Case Against Intelligent Design , and Why People Believe Weird Things .
- Sahotra Sarkar: University of Texas Section of Integrative Biology and Department of Philosophy, author of Intelligent Design Creationism is an Immoral Fraud.
- Kenneth Diller: Chair of the University of Texas Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Representing the Intelligent Design argument:
- Hugh Ross: Reason to Believe (a science-faith think tank), astronomer and author of Creation as Science.
- Fazale Rana: Reason to Believe, biochemist and author of The Cell's Design: How Chemistry Reveals the Creator's Artistry.
Moderator: Juan Sanchez, Vice President, Research, UT
Come and Show Your Support of Evolution and Sound Science!
Purchase your tickets through CFI Austin and the proceeds will help us expand our work to promote and defend science and free inquiry in Texas!
UT Faculty and Students: Free with ID
Check out this page for details about a special lunch and lecture with Dr. Shermer before the debate.
For more information, please email
austin [at] centerforinquiry [dot] net .