Massimo Pigliucci on ethics
October 17, 2011
Philosopher, friend, and Center for Inquiry speaker Massimo Pigliucci recently penned a series of seven essays about ethics on his blog Rationally Speaking. In these seven essays, Pigliucci discusses everything from meta-ethics (is there right and wrong?) to ethical theories (what is right and wrong?) that are person-focused (deontology, virtue ethics) to ones that are more societal or political in nature (consequentialism, contractarianism, egalitarianism).
Here is a list of the entries and their subject. I highly recommend them as reading for anyone interested in exploring ethics.
- First article: meta-ethics.
- Second article: consequentialism.
- Third article: deontological ethics.
- Fourth article: modern virtue ethics.
- Fifth article: contractarianism.
- Sixth article: egalitarianism.
- Seventh article: conclusion.
Enjoy.Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.