Ananta Bijoy Das was a writer and blogger based in Bangladesh. He wrote on the Bengali freethinking blog Mukto-Mona, and authored three books on science, evolutionary science, and revolution.
In addition, Das headed a Sylhet-based group centered on science and rationalism, and edited the quarterly magazine Jukti (Bengali for “logic.”).
In May 2015, Das was on his way to work when he was attacked and killed by a group of four extremists armed with machetes.
This section will be updated as news develops on this case.
- CFI’s Michael De Dora Delivers Statement at UN Human Rights Council on Crisis in Bangladesh – June 24, 2016
- These Bangladeshi Bloggers Were Murdered by Islamist Extremists. Here Are Some of Their Writings. – April 29, 2016
- CFI Leads Coalition Effort to Urge State Department Engagement With Bangladesh Government – April 22, 2016
- Couple Finds Sanctuary in Canada to Escape Killings of Writers in Bangladesh – February 12, 2016
- The Islamist War on Secular Bloggers in Bangladesh – December 14, 2015
- A Secular Publisher Is the Latest Bangladeshi Killed By Suspected Islamist Radicals – November 6, 2015