Civic Days at the Capital
When: Feb. 22, Friday-Feb. 25 Monday
Cost: $100 to attend Friday to Monday, $25 students, $25 to attend only Sunday and Monday.
Center For Inquiry Office of Public Policy
621 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
Washington DC 20003
RSVP: email@example.com or call 800 398-7571 or (202) 546-2330
Feb. 22 Friday
- 5:30 p.m. - Reception at the Center
Feb. 23 Saturday
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. - A briefing about climate change and global warming bills in Congress presented by Dr. Stuart Jordan, emeritus senior staff scientist at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - Trip to the Global Warming Exhibit at the Marian Koshland Science Museum
- 11:30 - 1 p.m. Lunch on your own
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Tour of Capitol Building
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. Tour the Thomas Jefferson Library of Congress
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner at Union Station
Feb. 24 Sunday:
- 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. - Briefing by CFI Legal Director Ronald Lindsay on the current state of our legal cases.
- 1 0:30 - 12 p.m. - Briefing by Government Affairs Director Toni Van Pelt on what's moving through the Congress.
- 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch on your own.
- 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. - "Ingersoll's Life in DC" 1.5 mile, 2 hour walking tour. Bring your favorite Ingersoll quotation to share.
- 3:30 - 6 p.m. - Training session, lobbying schedule.
- 7:30 p.m. - Reception & Movie at the Center
Feb. 25 Monday
- Meetings with legislators, attendance of congressional briefing or hearing. Fly home tonight.
Online registration is $100 and is handled via PayPal.
Can't make it to the event but would like to make a donation?
For hotel reservations use the code CFI . There are three ways you may do so;
- Visit a special reservation page at Holiday Inn's website . Simply click "Check Availiblity" and make your online reservation; the dates and CFI code are already populated for you. If you have trouble making reservations please call 800 398-7571 and we will assist you.
- Call 800-holiday or
- call (202) 479-4000
Be sure to use the CFI code in all cases. Rate of $119 sgl/dbl is guaranteed until Jan. 23.
Holiday Inn, 550 C Street, SW. The hotel is one block from the L’Enfant Plaza Metro, orange/blue lines.