DC Light The Night Walk 2013
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
- The walk will be held rain or shine. Prepare for the weather.
- We recommend taking Metro, as parking will be very difficult.
- Melody Hensley, CFI–DC executive director and team captain, will check-in all team members at 5:00 pm. No need to check yourself in.
- The team will meet at Federal Triangle Metro stop and will leave promptly at 6:30 pm for the walk. You will see a Light the Night banner with our name on it. Do not be late! You will receive wristbands and any earned balloons and t-shirts from your team captain.
- The walk begins at 7:00 pm. You may arrive earlier to participate in planned games and entertainment starting at 5:00 pm. However, make sure to meet the team at Federal Triangle Metro stop to get your wristbands, balloons, and t-shirts, and walk with the team.
- Did you raise at least $100? You still have the opportunity to donate or ask your friends to donate! Every walker who raises $100 or more will be a Champion For Cures. They will be recognized on the night of the walk with a Light The Night t-shirt, illuminated Light The Night balloon in red (supporters), white (survivors) or gold (in memory of a loved one), and a wristband entitling the wearer to a variety of games and food.
- Games, entertaiment, and food reopen at 7:30 pm after the walk.
- Other questions? Check the FAQ.
Can't make the walk, but still want to help fight Leukemia & Lymphoma? Donate to the CFI–DC Light the Night Team!