Voices of Reason - Paul Offit, M.D.: Deadly Choices
Deadly Choices: How The Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All
- Saturday, May 5th 2012 at 2:00 pm
- Saturday, May 5th 2012 at 4:00 pm
- Hill Center - Drummond Hall, 921 Pennsylvania Ave SE (Eastern Market Metro), Washington, DC 20003
*May 1 Update*: Due to unforseen circumstances please note NEW date of Sat May 5 @ 2-4 PM at the same location. Please contact sdavis(at)centerforinquiry[dot]net if you paid admission or bought a book for the previous May 6 date and are unable to make it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How did we get to a place where vaccines are viewed with horror rather than as life-saving medicine? The answer is rooted in one of the most powerful and disturbing citizen activist movements in our nation’s history—a movement that, despite recent epidemics and deaths, continues to grow. Deadly Choices is the story of anti-vaccine activity in America—its origins, leaders, influences, and impact—and is a powerful defense of science in the face of fear.
Paul A. Offit, M.D. is the Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases and the Director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Offit is a founding advisory board member of the Autism Science Foundation and the author of five books, including Autism’s False Prophets and Vaccinated.
- Friends of the Center Admission: Free (Friends of the Center must register)
- Friends of the Center Admission + Deadly Choices book: $15
- Public Admission: $5 in advance; $7 at the door
- Public Admission + Deadly Choices book: $17
Friends of the Center get priority seating. Support the Center with your book purchase.