Churches Open Doors To Muslim Worship
Posted: 19 February 2011 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

Link

Yup, a couple churches, one in TN and one in VA, allowed local Muslims to hold prayers and whatnot in their buildings because the Muslims’ mosques were either too small or under construction.  And of course, some people aren’t happy about that.  People like Dr. Alex McFarland and Dr. Jason Hood who say that while Christians are supposed to “show love” they shouldn’t show it to non-Christians because it’s not douchebaggy enough or something.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 19 February 2011 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-02-18

haha .
when i was active in Islam, i was always taught we could not worship or even step into a church. This was conflicting with me since i was attending services to please my christian grandparents and attending temple to please the jewish side of my family. Imam would always say haram haram..YET when it came time to hold CAIR banquets or to celebrate EID it was always at a christian church since it was large enough to accomodate the whole community.

Signature 

every religious person i confrot say they will pray for me to return to religion and “see the truth”.  It has yet to happen which leads me to believe A: they didn’t pray right B: God hates me or C: he doesn’t exist

Posted: 19 February 2011 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29

“My” church lets the Muslims worship in the parish house on Fridays and I am not happy about it. But I get it: business is business.

Posted: 21 February 2011 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

This is one way the social institution of religion can evolve.  It can benefit general society depending upon the use the relationship is put to.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 27 February 2011 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-26
markumx - 19 February 2011 01:15 PM

haha .
Imam would always say haram haram..YET when it came time to hold CAIR banquets or to celebrate EID it was always at a christian church since it was large enough to accomodate the whole community.

Religious people have an issue when someone of their religion is fascinated (or is learning about) another religion.
Being from a Muslim background, it was always haram to pray in a church, but okay when its convenient to them.

Signature 

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” - Buddha

Posted: 27 February 2011 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2010-10-14
Hananii - 27 February 2011 01:49 PM
markumx - 19 February 2011 01:15 PM

haha .
Imam would always say haram haram..YET when it came time to hold CAIR banquets or to celebrate EID it was always at a christian church since it was large enough to accomodate the whole community.

Religious people have an issue when someone of their religion is fascinated (or is learning about) another religion.
Being from a Muslim background, it was always haram to pray in a church, but okay when its convenient to them.

It is not harm to pray in a church…

As long as you are not facing a depiction of Jesus or any other person that is worshipped in a painting, statue, stain glassed window then it is fine…as these would be in the way of qiblah…

Signature 

As I look back on my life, If I could have the glorious moment
The wondrous opportunity to comprehend
The chance to see my younger self
One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts