Posted: 10 July 2011 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
The_Au_Mean - 13 April 2011 03:27 PM
Dead Monky - 13 April 2011 03:03 PM

And it beats Ramen.

Hell yeah.

My point, though I diverted a bit, was not to proselytize about my own lifestyle choices. It was to counter what I see (saw?) as a sanctimonious yet unsupported assumption that the movement away from consuming meat is a more environmentally sound choice. I can’t speak to peoples’ feelings regarding killing animals; I don’t have a problem with it (obviously) as a concept and haven’t ever seen a sound argument for why it is wrong, while on the other hand have been part of a good deal of research demonstrating the need to increase hunting quotas in certain populations in order to maintain or restore ecological stability. You can’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I just felt that this whole thread needed an alternate voice, and for someone to point out the environmental problems presented by increased soy and processed food consumption. FWIW.

And you did a fine job.  cheese I don’t see this dialogue so much as a debate, as a sharing of ideas about responsible resource management. I learned from you - and that’s the best thing in the world to me.

I’m on thig guy’s wavelength:
img_2782.JPG

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 13 July 2011 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26
Write4U - 09 July 2011 02:17 PM

Especially if it costs a little more. Everyone should benefit from their conscientious labors. Cheap goods always means lower quality.

Well, for people who live check to check and make just enough to keep their heads above water, the difference between eating cheap or eating conscientiously can keep gas in the tank and the electricity on.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 13 July 2011 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Joined  2010-04-26
citizenschallenge.pm - 09 July 2011 09:31 PM

As for hunting being boring, though I’ve only gone a few times, I’m totally fascinated by the perceptual difference between walking though the woods hippy-dippy style, grooving and taking in what comes my way… to the total focus hunting triggers.
In fact, last year I wrote a long post about it, but alas was out of internet range so long, it sort of faded into oblivion.

The sitting in the woods, waiting for game stuff is booooooring.  I always just fell asleep.  After a while I thought to myself, “Why the hell am I out here cold, uncomfortable, and sleeping?  I could be inside, warm, comfortable, and sleeping.  Screw this crap.”  As for the other kind, not a big fan of it either.  Walking through the woods in the cold and snow kind of sucks.  If I’m going to walk through the woods I’ll do it when it’s warm.

Signature 

Posted: 14 July 2011 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
Dead Monky - 13 July 2011 10:00 AM
citizenschallenge.pm - 09 July 2011 09:31 PM

As for hunting being boring, though I’ve only gone a few times, I’m totally fascinated by the perceptual difference between walking though the woods hippy-dippy style, grooving and taking in what comes my way… to the total focus hunting triggers.
In fact, last year I wrote a long post about it, but alas was out of internet range so long, it sort of faded into oblivion.

The sitting in the woods, waiting for game stuff is booooooring.  I always just fell asleep.  After a while I thought to myself, “Why the hell am I out here cold, uncomfortable, and sleeping?  I could be inside, warm, comfortable, and sleeping.  Screw this crap.”  As for the other kind, not a big fan of it either.  Walking through the woods in the cold and snow kind of sucks.  If I’m going to walk through the woods I’ll do it when it’s warm.

Well, there’s always the million-watt spot-light, a case of beer and the pick’m-up truck, ... now i tell yu wat, if that ain’t fun son, watch Saturday cartoons.

cheese

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 15 July 2011 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2006-11-27

Years ago, when I worked in a fabrication shop in Florida we modified Jeeps and Landcruisers for hunters.  At the time it must have been legal to use dogs and hunt deer from a vehicle, although I’m not sure these guys cared either way.  Customers would bring in an old jeep, we’d modify the suspension, add a seat with a gun rack that was high enough that the hunters could shoot over the driver’s head, a mount to strap down the cooler, and a container to throw the dead deer into.  I never got invited, but I guess you filled up the cooler with the beverage of your choice, (probably not Koolaid), loaded up your assault rifle,headed out into the palmettos, turned the dogs loose and let the fun begin.  That’s redneck with style, specially when the average Bambi weighed about 60 lbs down there.  Guaranteed to not be boring or cold, and I don’t think they spent a lot of time discussing ethics or morality.  Yee Haw!!

Signature 

If we’re not laughing, they’re winning.

Posted: 17 July 2011 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Joined  2010-04-26
citizenschallenge.pm - 14 July 2011 09:58 PM

Well, there’s always the million-watt spot-light, a case of beer and the pick’m-up truck, ... now i tell yu wat, if that ain’t fun son, watch Saturday cartoons.

cheese

I prefer the cartoons.

Jeciron - 15 July 2011 02:35 AM

Years ago, when I worked in a fabrication shop in Florida we modified Jeeps and Landcruisers for hunters.  At the time it must have been legal to use dogs and hunt deer from a vehicle, although I’m not sure these guys cared either way.  Customers would bring in an old jeep, we’d modify the suspension, add a seat with a gun rack that was high enough that the hunters could shoot over the driver’s head, a mount to strap down the cooler, and a container to throw the dead deer into.  I never got invited, but I guess you filled up the cooler with the beverage of your choice, (probably not Koolaid), loaded up your assault rifle,headed out into the palmettos, turned the dogs loose and let the fun begin.  That’s redneck with style, specially when the average Bambi weighed about 60 lbs down there.  Guaranteed to not be boring or cold, and I don’t think they spent a lot of time discussing ethics or morality.  Yee Haw!!

You just gotta love rednecks.  I’m pretty sure I’ve seen stuff like that up around where my dad lives.  Personally, I prefer air conditioning, video games, and zombie movies to careening around the woods all drunked up with a bunch of guns.  But to each his own I guess.

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2011 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-08-02

No Doubt Red meat is Perfect diet for health, but not use it on daily basis, i think Red meat use one day in a weak and red meat is also better then chicken.

12 of 12