164 of 168
The greatest proof of free will…
Posted: 05 October 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2446 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2012-06-18

It depends what you mean by pre-destined. If you just mean pre-determined then that is what compatibilist free will is compatible with. One physically possible future given the initial conditions. So by definition it doesn’t rule out compatibilist free will.

it is Particularly hard to take when some guy gets killed or there is a mass shooting and you realize the victim and the guy doing the killing had absolutely no choice in the matter.

http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5650 T. Martin
http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5851 Bronx River Parkway
http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5446 Joshua Powell
http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5691 Andrea Yates

And many, many more.

[ Edited: 05 October 2012 02:58 AM by etcorngods ]

Posted: 05 October 2012 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2447 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Anyone can do a retrodiction. What we need from you is a prediction: look at your ‘sources’ and tell us what is going to happen next week or next month. But make substantive predictions, not just the sorts of things any of us could predict.

Then we’ll tell if your method works or not.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 October 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2448 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
dougsmith - 05 October 2012 04:12 AM

Anyone can do a retrodiction. What we need from you is a prediction: look at your ‘sources’ and tell us what is going to happen next week or next month. But make substantive predictions, not just the sorts of things any of us could predict.

What a fool you are to say, “Anyone can do a retrodiction. What we need from you is a prediction:”.  How about you.  Do it. 
GOD designed the hidden structure of the language, and controls what can be done.  And I don’t need you to tell me whether my ET Corn Gods language/game works.  I know it works.  I’ve been working with it for over 27 years.  Go back under your rock.

Posted: 05 October 2012 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2449 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
etcorngods - 05 October 2012 04:20 AM

What a fool you are to say, “Anyone can do a retrodiction. What we need from you is a prediction:”.  How about you.  Do it. 
GOD designed the hidden structure of the language, and controls what can be done.  And I don’t need you to tell me whether my ET Corn Gods language/game works.  I know it works.  I’ve been working with it for over 27 years.  Go back under your rock.

etcorngods, this is a forum for discussion and inquiry, not bare assertion and abuse. Continued rule violations may lead to banning. Thanks.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2450 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
etcorngods - 05 October 2012 04:20 AM

I’ve been working with it for over 27 years.

Are you sure it hasn’t been longer than 27 years? I thought schizophrenia usually kicks in in the early twenties.

BTW, everybody, guess what “Jesus” translates to: “GRS,” etcorngods’s initials (his name is George R. Simpson). He is evidently mentally ill.

Posted: 05 October 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2451 ]
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2011-11-04

I had to look up the term “retrodiction”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrodiction

Calling this ectocorngods stuff a retrodiction, seems to me to either be overly generous, or to be damaging to the term “retrodiction”.  There is nothing explanatory or potentially useful about these silly manipulations, that I can see. 

Although, perhaps it could be an art form that I don’t appreciate, like most rap music or most modern art. (Now, I’m being generous.)

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 06 October 2012 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2452 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
TimB - 05 October 2012 06:48 PM

I had to look up the term “retrodiction”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrodiction

Calling this ectocorngods stuff a retrodiction, seems to me to either be overly generous, or to be damaging to the term “retrodiction”.  There is nothing explanatory or potentially useful about these silly manipulations, that I can see. 

Although, perhaps it could be an art form that I don’t appreciate, like most rap music or most modern art. (Now, I’m being generous.)

I’ve read studies which indicate that only 1 out 4,000 people have even the smallest amount of ability to perceive the importance of a new thing.  The 99.99% who don’t have a clue (you guys) are also the most verbal about the “earth is flat”.  When I invented the 1st display aided word processor (predecessor to the PC), I was told that no one wanted to type on a TV screen, they wanted to type on paper.  Within a few years, all the machines were display aided.

I also looked up the word “Retrodiction”—in the ET Corn Gods language/game.

Retrodiction:
Retro:
Add 0+66+66 .. = “Sn”, 19 AD, book 58, 58+66+66 … = “ET”.
Re-66 = “As”, 119, “Cs”, “Corn Gods”.  (C is 100, 1+33, 34, CD.  Add 0+66+66 .. = “or”.  Add o+66+66 = “ng”)
T is 20, book Pr, Mar, “Math”.  (P is af.  F is vi, 229 = 2+29, 31.  Ar –66-66…. = “52”, book “1 Th”, “ath”)
Ro is Romans = snam = “GR Simpson”.  (Ro is 180.  Sn is 19 AD, book 58, 58+66+66 … = “GR”.  a+66+66 … = “Si”.  Add 0+66+66 … = “sn”, “son”, “pson”.  Add “o”.  S is 19, book of “Ps”)
Therefore:
Retrodiction = “ET Corn Gods Math GR Simpson Diction”.

You guys are a witness to something very important.  Just wait, greater minds will tell you what to think.  James Randi knows it.  That’s why he refused to test the ET Corn Gods language/game, and made me sue him because he broke his contract with me to test.

[ Edited: 06 October 2012 02:52 AM by etcorngods ]

Posted: 06 October 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2453 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

I assume that in your spare time you also invented the Internet. LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 October 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2454 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

Let’s see:

Internet:

Int is 67 + 55 + 12; er is silent; net is John 3:16

Therefore:

23 + 34 + 56 = 113

Add:

Abracadabra

Therefore:

Internet = Gore Albert

Sorry, Occam.

Posted: 06 October 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2455 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

etcorngods,
Retrodiction = “ET Corn Gods Math GR Simpson Diction”.

Is that equivalence supposed to mean anything or is it a form of mental masturbation? If so please explain. 

Can you work backward and tell me what the reverse equivalent word is of,
“ET Beet Gods Physics QM Born Stutter” =  ???

[ Edited: 06 October 2012 04:24 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 30 October 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2456 ]
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2012-10-27
Cloak - 21 February 2011 09:48 AM

...unless you’re predetermined to do so.

Right in theory,  though “predetermined” implies a predeterminer.  I prefer “determined” by a combination of the countless forces of our genes, environment and experienceis that drives all of our “decisions” and actions and of which we are unaware. I don’t see how our actions acan be predetermined unless there is a powerful supernatural entity doing the predetermining.  The thrust of the various forces changes every moment.  Nothing is predetermined.

Posted: 30 October 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2457 ]
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2012-10-27
etcorngods - 05 October 2012 02:50 AM

It depends what you mean by pre-destined. If you just mean pre-determined then that is what compatibilist free will is compatible with. One physically possible future given the initial conditions. So by definition it doesn’t rule out compatibilist free will.

it is Particularly hard to take when some guy gets killed or there is a mass shooting and you realize the victim and the guy doing the killing had absolutely no choice in the matter.

Well. They don’t, but we are all determined to think and act as if they did, just as we are all determined to exact revenge and impose our own ideas of justice.  It will happen whether anyone thinks people consciously intend their decisions and actions or not. So don’t worry that people will “get away” with bad acts. 

http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5650 T. Martin
http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5851 Bronx River Parkway
http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5446 Joshua Powell
http://ufoetblog.com/?p=5691 Andrea Yates

And many, many more.

Posted: 30 October 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2458 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Lois - 30 October 2012 10:28 AM
Cloak - 21 February 2011 09:48 AM

...unless you’re predetermined to do so.

Right in theory,  though “predetermined” implies a predeterminer.  I prefer “determined” by a combination of the countless forces of our genes, environment and experienceis that drives all of our “decisions” and actions and of which we are unaware. I don’t see how our actions acan be predetermined unless there is a powerful supernatural entity doing the predetermining.  The thrust of the various forces changes every moment.  Nothing is predetermined.

IMO, certain things happen “inevitably”. IOW, the big bang was an inevitable event. This avoids the argument of “determinism” and all that can be said that something will happen sometime in the future, but when or how depends on the amount of potential present at a certain spacetime coordinate(s) at any given moment.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 31 October 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2459 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20
Write4U - 30 October 2012 03:49 PM

IMO, certain things happen “inevitably”. IOW, the big bang was an inevitable event.

Do you mean there had to be a big bang, or the big bang had to bang precisely as it did?

Stephen

Posted: 31 October 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2460 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
StephenLawrence - 31 October 2012 01:29 AM
Write4U - 30 October 2012 03:49 PM

IMO, certain things happen “inevitably”. IOW, the big bang was an inevitable event.

Do you mean there had to be a big bang, or the big bang had to bang precisely as it did?

Stephen

IMO,
a) There was no time before the beginning. Thus time began at the BB.
b) When there is a condition of (near) unlimited dynamic potential contained in a singularity, it is inevitable that the BB would happen.
c) The BB did happen as it it did (obviously), but at the moment it did, there were no universal constants yet. Thus inflation was totally chaotic.

However, uring this time certain elements where formed which by their very structure had to obey the universal constants which direct the mathematical progression from one state into another.  The constants were already formed during the pre-BB potential phase.

Signature 

W4U

164 of 168