Cellphone Radiation Boosts Brain Activity.  So Sayeth Science!
Posted: 23 February 2011 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Link

The preliminary study, led by a respected neuroscientist at the National Institutes of Health, raises many more questions than it answers. But by providing solid evidence that cellphone use has measurable effects on brain activity, it suggests that the nation’s passionate attachment to its 300 million cellphones may be altering the way we think and behave in subtle ways.

Interesting.

Also:

“Because there’s been such a massive expansion in cellphone use these past 15 to 20 years, it behooves us to try to understand whether, if we use these devices repeatedly and intensively for years, do they have lasting effects?”

I had to use that quote.  I love the word “behooves”.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 09 July 2011 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5996
Joined  2009-02-26
Dead Monky - 23 February 2011 01:22 PM

Link

The preliminary study, led by a respected neuroscientist at the National Institutes of Health, raises many more questions than it answers. But by providing solid evidence that cellphone use has measurable effects on brain activity, it suggests that the nation’s passionate attachment to its 300 million cellphones may be altering the way we think and behave in subtle ways.

Interesting.

Also:

“Because there’s been such a massive expansion in cellphone use these past 15 to 20 years, it behooves us to try to understand whether, if we use these devices repeatedly and intensively for years, do they have lasting effects?”

I had to use that quote.  I love the word “behooves”.

Yes, scrambling the brain also shows up as “a boost in brain activity”. It behooves.. cheese  us to find out what this increased activity actually means.
Heating a pot of water in a microwave boosts the activity of the H2O molecules, until it boils and vaporizes the water into steam….  rolleyes

[ Edited: 09 July 2011 02:01 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 13 July 2011 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Sounds like more a recipe for a weapon.  Shooting people in the head with microwaves until they pop like popcorn.  Hmmm….I think I have a videogame with that in it.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron