1 of 4
The Tree Of Life
Posted: 24 February 2011 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2011-02-24

Hi everybody, check out this person’s reasoning’s out of the old testament, cool blog;
http://thatlifeyahwehhas.blogspot.com/2011/02/tree-of-life.html

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
newnature - 24 February 2011 06:56 PM

Hi everybody, check out this person’s reasoning’s out of the old testament, cool blog;
http://thatlifeyahwehhas.blogspot.com/2011/02/tree-of-life.html

Why should we check it out? Or is this just linkspam? (NB: linkspam is against the rules and will be deleted).

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

I think we should check it out because it’s cool. Why is it cool? Because newnature says so. How does newnature know? Because it’s his blog.  smile

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-02-24

I thought it was a cool blog, just trying to share what this person is reasoning out, cool stuff. Don’t know what linkspam is, sorry if I am in the wrong.

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

I checked it out and was singularly unimpressed.  It merely tried to draw some conclusions based on Genesis.  I would rate this as spam.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 February 2011 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-02-24

I thought that person reasoned out some good stuff about how humans are the one’s to blame for the evil on this earth, it seems man opens the door for Satan and his clan?

Posted: 24 February 2011 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
newnature - 24 February 2011 07:58 PM

I thought that person reasoned out some good stuff about how humans are the one’s to blame for the evil on this earth, it seems man opens the door for Satan and his clan?

OK, since you’ve done us the decency of returning and trying to explain, you mind telling us what you liked in this blog post? How are humans to blame for earthquakes, floods, tornadoes and viral epidemics, for example?

If God is perfectly good, why does he allow Satan to exist?

Why do you think that evil gremlins exist? Do you have any actual evidence, or is it just that you’ve read too many blog posts and watched too many horror flicks?

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 24 February 2011 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-02-24
dougsmith - 24 February 2011 08:06 PM

OK, since you’ve done us the decency of returning and trying to explain, you mind telling us what you liked in this blog post? How are humans to blame for earthquakes, floods, tornadoes and viral epidemics, for example?

Why do you think that evil gremlins exist? Do you have any actual evidence, or is it just that you’ve read too many blog posts and watched too many horror flicks?

What got me is how mankind was cut off from that life, that tree of life produced; it seems from that blog, that Yahweh has some kind life inside of himself? I guess this is the same kind of life Yeshua got when he was raised from among the dead?

Posted: 25 February 2011 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
newnature - 24 February 2011 08:15 PM

What got me is how mankind was cut off from that life, that tree of life produced; it seems from that blog, that Yahweh has some kind life inside of himself? I guess this is the same kind of life Yeshua got when he was raised from among the dead?

Huh?

Yahweh is as real as Santa Claus, and Jesus wasn’t raised from the dead. Nor is there any ‘tree of life’ from which we’ve been cut off. It’s just fairy-stories.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 25 February 2011 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22

Yeah, this doesn’t really make sense to me either. You’re using several concepts and terms that we don’t understand or that we know are untrue.

For starters, just looking at the literal meaning of words, mankind is not cut off from life, because we’re still alive. This tree of life to which you refer in which this is possible seems quite odd.

And as far as I know, almost everyone on here has dismissed the possibility of life after death because it’s never been scientifically demonstrated. Referencing a different kind of life after being raised from the dead just seems, well, irrational, not to mention a being with two kinds of life in it.

Feel free to elaborate on this stuff. Just be aware that you’ll get a lot of disagreement on here. When we do, the responsible among us (which is everyone as far as I can tell, at least among the regular members) will dispute your arguments, but not YOU. It’s friendly internet debate. As long as you understand that we value rational argument very highly here, you’ll do fine. Make sure that what you say makes sense, and make sure that what we say makes sense to you. When something is unclear, ask for elaboration.

As I have done.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 25 February 2011 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Well put, TA. Thanks.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 25 February 2011 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
dougsmith - 24 February 2011 08:06 PM

It’s just more mythology.  Same old motif as previous ones and just a story.  Would you mind telling us what your background is and why you feel the need to share pseudo science, if you can call it science at all?

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 25 February 2011 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Interesting how we are supposedly at fault for a microscopic lifeform called a virus.  I do find it interesting that we are suppose to have dominion over all the earth, yet there are these little critters, called bacteria and viruses, which are far smaller than we are, which can attack and kill us without much recourse, except for what modern medicine has given us.  I am soooo grateful for doctors.  Doctors save people.  I have yet to see any deity do the same thing.  I am of course being cranky and sarcastic (something of which I get when I’m recovering from a serious illness), with some truth in the mix of what I’m saying, but the fact is, that whole link is totally bogus.  I think I am well qualified now in using pneumonia as an example of how there is no intelligent design.  It’s not very smart to create airways that are not only susceptible to drowning by choking, but also drowning by little critters called bacteria. For little guys, they sure are powerful, but they are no fault of humans.  I blame Evolution.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 25 February 2011 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

For Adam and Eve to have true freedom of will, Adam and Eve have to have the freedom to rebel. This is why this tree is in the garden, next to the tree of life; instead, evil will come about as a result of the clash of the will of Yahweh, and the will of humans, who happen to have the freedom to rebel. Human beings, and only human beings are the potential source of evil, responsibility for evil will lie in the hands of human beings. Yet, evil is represented not as a physical reality, it’s not built into the structure of Eden, evil is a condition of human existence, and to assert that evil stems from human behavior.

If that’s the case, why is there a Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil?  How can God know Good from Evil, if evil only stems from human behavior?

Posted: 25 February 2011 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26
advocatus - 25 February 2011 08:09 AM

If that’s the case, why is there a Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil?  How can God know Good from Evil, if evil only stems from human behavior?

And you are officially a tard.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 25 February 2011 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Dead Monky - 25 February 2011 04:03 PM
advocatus - 25 February 2011 08:09 AM

And you are officially a tard.

DM, was that necessary?

advocatus, I think it has something to do with that thing about God being all knowing and alike.  God supposedly knows everything, including how many hairs you have on your head.  If the humans ate of the tree, they would know as much as he does and would not need the sky-daddy.  Too bad said being never took an Algebra test for kids, esp since he knows everything.  LOL

Lastly, the person who wrote that bit about only humans know evil or whatever, have never met my Shiva.  LOL  Why do you think she has the name Shiva?

[ Edited: 25 February 2011 04:45 PM by Mriana ]
 Signature 

Mriana

1 of 4