2 of 5
Any Free Masons Here?
Posted: 03 March 2011 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 03 March 2011 04:55 AM

I did not realize Masonry required a belief in a ‘god’.

Yes, that pretty much is the requirement.  One’s god could be the sun, the earth, or the universe and they will accept that, probably more than gladly accept that, in part because they have secrets from the masses that are not to be shared.  What I’m saying is, most, but not all, of what they do and all is a “secret society”.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 March 2011 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 05:55 AM

You must be hung up on the word God, I don’t believe in a invisible superman or a guy with a long white beard. God means different things to different people, I use the word as it is the most common English word to describe a higher power/intelligence/creator etc..  As I said before I do not believe in the bible. Koran etc etc. however if people choose to follow those ideas it is there right to do so. The biggest problem is with people who Force there believes on others and if they do not agree there next action is to attack them. Which is the same thing all extremist religions like to do, be it christian, Muslim, etc.
I question everything and follow only what I choose to follow, not what someone wants to force me to follow.

Glad you question things, but that still was not what asanta was talking about.  Even so, I realize, you, as a Free Mason, do not worship any man in the sky.  It is hardly a man, but a bunch of symbolism.  Masonry is all symbolic and is probably one of the guiding forces behind keeping the masses under a delusion, not allowing them to know the truth about religion.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 March 2011 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5189
Joined  2010-06-16
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 05:15 AM

So just like the extreme Muslims, if someone does not follow “your” believes they are less human and should be eliminated? I say You don’t know, nobody knows for sure. The only sure thing is those people like yourself who “Think” they know and everyone else is wrong are closed minded fools.

I don’t think that’s what any of the posters is saying. I believe most of us would agree that there is no definitive proof of any contention about things like the origin of the universe, etc., however we do not believe in any power or intelligence guiding or even having formed the universe.  We recognize that many others have different views and we accept that they have that right, however, we become concerned when someone attacks or attempts to stifle our ideas.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 03 March 2011 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01
Occam. - 03 March 2011 11:15 AM
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 05:15 AM

So just like the extreme Muslims, if someone does not follow “your” believes they are less human and should be eliminated? I say You don’t know, nobody knows for sure. The only sure thing is those people like yourself who “Think” they know and everyone else is wrong are closed minded fools.

I don’t think that’s what any of the posters is saying. I believe most of us would agree that there is no definitive proof of any contention about things like the origin of the universe, etc., however we do not believe in any power or intelligence guiding or even having formed the universe.  We recognize that many others have different views and we accept that they have that right, however, we become concerned when someone attacks or attempts to stifle our ideas.

Occam

Sorry Occam, but I think Ttiot has already uncovered that cfi is a group of muderous Atheists. We’re going to have to call the cleaner to fix the problem.

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-03-02

I started this thread just to see if any Free Masons were here, If you are not a Free Mason why even respond? The only reason to respond in looking at the majority of posts were to attack what I said as well as do the typical “Gang up” on the person who does not agree with you 100%. For those of you that did respond with non attacking comments I thank you for your input . And if the people who claim that they have all the answers and know all the “facts” of the universe… Congratulations! You need to be on CNN and explain everything to the world.

Signature 

The Truth is Out There

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 12:09 PM

I started this thread just to see if any Free Masons were here, If you are not a Free Mason why even respond? The only reason to respond in looking at the majority of posts were to attack what I said as well as do the typical “Gang up” on the person who does not agree with you 100%. For those of you that did respond with non attacking comments I thank you for your input . And if the people who claim that they have all the answers and know all the “facts” of the universe… Congratulations! You need to be on CNN and explain everything to the world.

And how long has this feeling of people “ganging up” on you, been going on for?

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-02

^
see

Signature 

The Truth is Out There

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 12:34 PM

^
see

What do you see now?

Posted: 03 March 2011 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-02
ExMachina - 03 March 2011 12:35 PM
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 12:34 PM

^
see

What do you see now?

Not Much

Signature 

The Truth is Out There

Posted: 03 March 2011 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19

Ttiot,

Look, I’m sorry that you don’t like to be confronted about your beliefs, but you honestly should have checked what forum you were looking at before you decided to join it. At least note the title of the organization. If you feel that your beliefs are beyond question, and you are not comfortable with them being challenged, then you shouldn’t bring them up in a post on a discussion forum of a website called the Center for Inquiry. Questioning of people’s beliefs and opinions is very commonplace here, and maybe even central.

Secondly, this brings me to the question as to why you would come to such a forum (see above) looking for free masons.

Finally, “attacking” is a very strong word. What is it about the posts here that led you to feel like you were being “attacked”?

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

If you are not a Free Mason why even respond?

Why not?  grin

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-02

Wow, 6th grade mentality’s run rampant here.  It’s funny that my very first post was in the Introduce yourself section and I have a Total of one response, yet in here ....well, a lot more. :/

Signature 

The Truth is Out There

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 02:09 PM

Wow, 6th grade mentality’s run rampant here.

I know that you are, but what am I?  LOL

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-02

:O

Signature 

The Truth is Out There

Posted: 03 March 2011 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19

TTIOT,

Do you have an answer to any of my posts?

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

2 of 5