5 of 5
Any Free Masons Here?
Posted: 28 November 2011 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26
The Truth is Out There - 03 March 2011 04:12 AM

Only a belief in “God” is required, and God is a creator or higher power. I do not believe in any of the religions that have caused more pain and death than all other reasons combined. I however do believe there is a higher power, be it from here or elsewhere. The time will come when those who are ready will have the knowledge.

Ah, yes, the “enlightened” ones (illuminati).

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 28 November 2011 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  3162
Joined  2011-08-15

My father is a mason, a shriner and a member of the ROJ. He was also president of the shrine jazz band (one of the reasons he joined). Their burn hospital for children BTW is top drawer to say the least. He encouraged me to join 30+ years ago but I declined not due to their belief system, and Dad never mentioned it in detail, being a secret org. and all, but I viewed it as a kind of club for businessmen. He had a great time in the band (jazz drummer) but there was an expense he later couldn’t meet. the only religious trapping I ever saw was his masonic bible, and he never discussed any religious connection in the org. In fact his fellow members never discussed it either!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 28 November 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22

Cap’t Jack

but I viewed it as a kind of club for businessmen

i think Geo. Washington, Ben Franklin, etc. would agree. 

Also, it is a possibility that No Mason’s no American revolution.

BTW, the illuminati theory was a propaganda ploy by Czarist Russia.

OK, I’m off to a couple of my churches now.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 28 November 2011 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26
garythehuman - 28 November 2011 05:34 PM

Cap’t Jack

but I viewed it as a kind of club for businessmen

i think Geo. Washington, Ben Franklin, etc. would agree. 

Also, it is a possibility that No Mason’s no American revolution.

BTW, the illuminati theory was a propaganda ploy by Czarist Russia.

OK, I’m off to a couple of my churches now.

Wiki

Freemasons

Stage 2. Freemasonry of the late 16th century and into the 17th century. Surviving Scottish Lodge records, as early as the 1630s, show a gentrification process — a transition from Operative to Speculative Freemasonry — evidenced by increasing non-operative notable gentleman within the membership.[16] Virtually no records of English lodges survive prior to the speculative, Grand Lodge period of 1717 onwards. The purely speculative ritual and lectures of William Preston (1742–1818) demonstrate an increasing use of a ritual infusion of Enlightenment philosophy.[17]

and here from Wiki

Illuminati

Adam Weishaupt, founder
The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, “enlightened”) is a name given to several groups, both real (historical) and fictitious. Historically the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. In more modern contexts the name refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which is alleged to mastermind events and control world affairs through governments and corporations to establish a New World Order. In this context the Illuminati are usually represented as a modern version or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati.

[ Edited: 28 November 2011 05:58 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 05 December 2011 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02

nice to know we have a resident researcher.

My dad was a Mason, I have no idea what it’s about, but they sure do preform a heck of a good eulogy send off. Interment complete with Apron inclosed.

5 of 5