Roger Nygard - “The Nature of Existence”
Posted: 06 March 2011 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-02-20

Hi CFI,

My podcast, Shakeytown Radio, usually drops Monday. If you already have a subscription, through iTunes or elsewhere, you will still get our latest episode tomorrow.

But… I am really proud of our two-part conversation with filmmaker Roger Nygard. He has made a lot of good stuff. Do you remember that horror anthology show from the 90s called “Monsters”? Do you remember the episode with Julie Brown, Kevin Nealon, and David Spade, about a devil baby? That was Roger’s first job in TV. Do you remember the Jim Carrey movie “High Strung”? That was Roger’s first feature film. Roger has a lot of comedians in his movies because for his first five years in L.A., he worked for an agency that represents stand-up comedians (ones that you know very well). I’m sure you remember the two documentaries about “Trekkies.” That was Roger, too.

His latest film is a documentary that covers “The Nature of Existence,” available on DVD or live streaming for Netflix users, and contains interviews with Christians, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, gurus, and more, looking into what it is people believe or don’t believe in. You see confrontational evangelists hassling college kids on campus, professional wrestlers who mix wrestling matches with a passion play, and just what it takes to get an audience with the Pope (here’s a clue - The Catholic Church loves money). Roger has been taking the film around CFI locations across the country and conducting Q&A sessions with attendees.

As a treat to you, the CFI forum user, I am posting a direct link to the show a day early. Whether you’re a loyal listener, or somebody who would like to hear it for the first time, please check it out.

Roger Nygard on The Shakeytown Radio Hour (part 1 of 2)

If you tune in next week for part two, you’ll find out a discount code for ordering the DVD through Roger’s site. Please check out the podcast and be sure to leave reviews on iTunes.

Also, when you do see the movie, hey, let’s talk about it here!

Posted: 06 March 2011 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2422
Joined  2007-09-03
BFH - 06 March 2011 03:12 PM

Hi CFI,

His latest film is a documentary that covers “The Nature of Existence,” available on DVD or live streaming for Netflix users, and contains interviews with Christians, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, gurus, and more, looking into what it is people believe or don’t believe in.

Thanks for the link
http://shakeytownradio.com/

why is the *.mp3 82Mb? 

I went to college in Pasadena—like the background of website—I remember hiking the road to Mt Wilson…

Jackson

Posted: 12 March 2011 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-02-20

Jackson, the file is as big as it is because I aim for high sound quality. I’ve not got too many complaints about download time and it works fine on my connection. (Podcast-savvy folks are welcome to contact me through the Shakeytown site with helpful feedback.)

The second part of the conversation, which is more about the new film, goes up Monday.