AP Exclusive: Abusive priests live unmonitored
Posted: 07 March 2011 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

He was never convicted of the charges, and he now lives in a doublewide mobile home in a quiet neighborhood within two miles of a youth sports complex, a library, two day care centers and at least two elementary schools. Sutphin admits he molested children as a priest, but his name doesn’t show up in a sex offender database because the charges were dismissed because too much time had elapsed.

Mind boggling… big surprise

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110307/ap_on_re_us/us_california_church_abuse

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 March 2011 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

On the plus side, at least we know where he is.  Unlike the thousands of homeless yet registered sex offenders that can’t be tracked.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 07 March 2011 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Dead Monky - 07 March 2011 03:24 PM

On the plus side, at least we know where he is.  Unlike the thousands of homeless yet registered sex offenders that can’t be tracked.

...yes, but there are also hundreds of priests like him….unmonitored….unknown..

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 March 2011 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

More bad new for the Catholic Church:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110307/us_nm/us_priest_abuse

Attorneys on Monday said they were filing suit accusing a priest of sexual abuse and the former head of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia of failing to stop the abuse.
Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua, now retired from the Philadelphia Archdiocese, knew of earlier sexual misconduct by the accused priest, said lawyer Marci Hamilton, one of the attorneys filing the lawsuit.

and ...

A Philadelphia grand jury recently said as many as 37 priests remain in active ministry despite solid and credible allegations of sexual abuse.

Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2011 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4621
Joined  2007-10-05

Every time I think I am beyond astonishment at the depravity of the Catholic Church I find I am wrong. This is sickening.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 08 March 2011 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia archdiocese suspended 21 Roman Catholic priests Tuesday who were named as child molestation suspects in a scathing grand jury report released last month. The priests have been removed from ministry while their cases are reviewed, Cardinal Justin Rigali said. The names of the priests were not being released, a spokesman for the archdiocese said.

The grand jury named 37 priests who remained in active ministry despite credible allegations of sexual abuse. After the release of the report, the second such investigation in the city in six years, Rigali vowed to take its calls for further reforms seriously.

While the archdiocese formed a panel to handle abuse complaints after the 2005 report, the 2011 grand jury found it mostly worked to protect the church, not the victims.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_priest_abuse_charges;_ylt=AldSxmqjozph73DjS2lmJsRH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTNiOTgycWJvBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMzA4L3VzX3ByaWVzdF9hYnVzZV9jaGFyZ2VzBGNjb2RlA21wX2VjXzhfMTAEY3BvcwM0BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDMjFwYXByaWVzdHNu

Signature 

Posted: 08 March 2011 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

Bad info, removed.  red face

[ Edited: 09 March 2011 08:34 AM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 08 March 2011 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
garythehuman - 08 March 2011 04:57 PM

On tonight’s local news the Buffalo diocese announcing the names of a number of priests being suspended for suspected child abuse.  On Ash Wensday no less.

However it appears the diocese not the police are doing the investigating!

Glad they are releasing the names, but the fact that the diocese is controling the investigation is pure bulls**t. Next time I am stopped for speeding, I will tell the police officer that my parents will do the investigation for them.. mad

Signature 

Posted: 09 March 2011 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22
asanta - 08 March 2011 07:01 PM
garythehuman - 08 March 2011 04:57 PM

On tonight’s local news the Buffalo diocese announcing the names of a number of priests being suspended for suspected child abuse.  On Ash Wensday no less.

However it appears the diocese not the police are doing the investigating!

Glad they are releasing the names, but the fact that the diocese is controling the investigation is pure bulls**t. Next time I am stopped for speeding, I will tell the police officer that my parents will do the investigation for them.. mad

Ansanta, sorry i had bad info, the story was about the Philadelphia abusers

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.