5 of 5
6 Diet Fads For People Who Will Try Anything Except Exercise
Posted: 06 December 2011 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-12-06

Today is a good day.  The FDA just pulled the HCG diet products off the shelves because they do not work.  A good example of our tax dollars at work. 

—Guy
The Inconvenient Truth
http://www.theinconvenienttruth.org

Posted: 21 January 2012 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

I hope everyone can view this in the US.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Nature_of_Things/1242300217/ID=2186429482

Programmed To Be Fat?

New science links man-made chemicals to the global obesity epidemic. Man-made chemicals may be programming us to be fat - before we’re even born.

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 21 January 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2190
Joined  2007-04-26
missmac - 21 January 2012 02:18 AM

I hope everyone can view this in the US.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Nature_of_Things/1242300217/ID=2186429482

Programmed To Be Fat?

New science links man-made chemicals to the global obesity epidemic. Man-made chemicals may be programming us to be fat - before we’re even born.

Unfortunately while the web page does load the video wont play. I just get a voice recording saying “This content is currently unavailable”

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 21 January 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

sorry - If your not in Canada, I don’t think you can view it. : (

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 21 January 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Hmm, I wonder whose ‘science’ does that? Of course we know that the fact that people sit on their asses all day playing computer games, or on the computer…kids rarely walk to school and are pushed around in strollers until they are 6 or 7, and never play outside anymore. People don’t walk to the store like they used to….etc, etc. Of course this cultural indolence adds nothing to the obesity problem….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 22 January 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Total Posts:  3162
Joined  2011-08-15

I think what people are ignoring here is how the fast food industry has virtually replaced healthy eating. Ex. In 1954 McDonald’s introd the first fast food chain. BTW thanks a bunch Ray Kroc. Afterwards these fat, salt and sugar pushers invaded practically every community on the planet replacing the native diets. Now kids and adults for that matter can chow down on hamburgers with 100 fat grams or more and it’s cheap!! So who cooks anymore? Both parents are working and to damn tired to schlep to the kitchen to prepare a healthy meal; just call out for pizza or chicken wings. You who follow a healthy diet not only know what to eat but take the time to do it. I’ll bet that most of you health conscious skeptics own a bike and actually use it! Fad diets don’t work; we all know that but as it has been stated here before, you have to make a decision to completely change the way you view food (eat to live not live to eat) and perform some form of exercise at least three times a week. We don’t live on farms anymore but we eat like we do. Eat less,  exercise more=weight loss, and stay away from Mcfatties. Read “Fast Food nation” if you have the time!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

5 of 5