‘Unprotected Texts’: The Bible On Sex And Marriage ~ by Pastor JW Knust
Posted: 10 March 2011 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

I’ll bet a week don’t go by when there aren’t one or two Terry Gross interviews I’d like to share, but I try to refrain, don’t want to overload you folks with my nonsense.

But, this one I can’t not share, it’s too juicy. Fun even, in a perverse sort of way.

March 10, 2011
http://www.npr.org/2011/03/10/133245874/unprotected-texts-the-bible-on-sex-and-marriage

Pastor Jennifer Wright Knust says the Bible often contradicts itself on topics relating to sex and desire.

“If you’re reading the Hebrew Bible, we might have polygamy again. We might have not only polygamy with wives, we might have polygamy with concubines and slaves,” she says.
“And if we’re reading the New Testament, we would avoid marriage. (If you’re married, you’re totally distracted and not focusing on God. ).

Go figure…

Heck she mentioned some story in Leviticus along the lines of David taking up an affair with a king’s son, in order to get legally bound so that when daddy dies David has a “familial” claim to the goods….  Then to think of that crazy Mr. preacher fag-protester (who’s actually queer as they get… just terrified and trapped within his closet)

So why do so many people spend… waste, so much time on that book?

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 10 March 2011 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

When I read any other book with those kinds of gross inconsistencies, I call it a poorly written book…and summarily dismiss it.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…