1 of 4
I’ve changed my position, all Religions need to disappear
Posted: 12 March 2011 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01

SAQ

After reading up on SAQ for both the Muslim and Christian beliefs. I’ve come to the conclusion that the world needs to be completely rid of these two infections of society. If you look up under the section of Intolerance, Violence, and Cruelty for both religions. You’ll see just how crazy these people really are. Unless you’re one of them of course. Then it’s all make sense to you.

[ Edited: 12 March 2011 07:42 PM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 12 March 2011 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

UGH

47. “Non-muslims will be punished by Allah for their nonbelief”
91. ” Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89”

Ok, I have no problem if someone chooses to be a sheep and blindly follow a fictitious being - to a fictitious place. Go nuts - but keep your crazy to yourself. When I feel my life in danger over being killed by someone for not believing in their god - I have a problem. TO EACH THEIR OWN. You can praise Allah all you want and I will not attack you for being a gullible idiot - so dont even think about attacking me for not believing in any god, and being what you would probably describe as an idiot.

62.  “Don’t be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you.” 3:118

Oh shit, the secrets out - yes I totally hate you, and and going to shit in the coffee maker at work and blame it on you so the boss fires you instead of me. Do you know how much effort it takes to hate someone? A lot! I personally dont have that much free time - so dont flatter yourself. I think there is a general feeling of unease and fright towards Muslims - most people have only heard about all the crazy shit in the news about Muslims, and the scary beliefs of their religion. Beliefs which tend to go against traditional non-religious beliefs and common sense.

83.  “Oppose those that refuse to obey”. 4:60-63

Obey? If you choose to shackle yourself to your religion, that is your choice. When your wrists start to ache, and you are tired of being a bitch for such a cruel, ignorant god - you are more than welcome to come join me for cake and lemonade, and discuss what you can do with your new found freedom to question authority, and live a happy satisfying life.

Allah, a god that wants you to kill, and be killed for him.  Since when did your life become so disposable? Where does what you want become important? Does he care about your happiness? Can you be guaranteed that he will deliver all he has promised? Are you willing to take that chance that it will all be for nothing?

And my favorite off that list:

150.“Most unbelievers are ignorant. 6:111”

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 12 March 2011 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2010-07-01

If you’ll notice, they keep repeating over and over and over about how us “non-believers” will be punished. Basically making everyone but them out to being blind a-holes who will one day get what they deserve.

Posted: 13 March 2011 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-10

2. “Don’t bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die. 2:6-7”

Well not to worry ExM, it look’s like we don’t have any options in this matter - it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to believe, not super psyched to be tortured FOREVER, maybe I can beg to get community service instead?

You know what kind of person creates a fixed fight in which one person can not win? A COWARD. Doesn’t seem to be a word one would associate with the supposed creator of life.

Signature 

– David Viaene

Posted: 13 March 2011 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-10

Oh wow….... im sorry some of this stuff is just so unbelievable. It doesn’t seem so much like a guide on how to live your life and practice your faith as it is an instruction manual on how to hate everyone who is non-Muslim.

One of the pages asks “Is each person be free to believe as he or she wishes?”

For anyone who is a NON-BELIEVER

Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you. 9:123

They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve ... take them and kill them wherever ye find them. 4:89

The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101

If they ... assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief. ...
Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them 9:12-14

EVEN MORE INTERESTING: A person who believes in a god - not the same god

There is no compulsion in religion. 2:256

Whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. 18:29

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. 109:6

so pretty much as long as you are also part of a docile herd of sheep following a Sheppard (not necessarily the same Sheppard) you are cool?

Signature 

– David Viaene

Posted: 13 March 2011 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2010-07-01

LOL yeah, like you I was getting angrier and angrier as I was going down the list. It’s set up just like a cult meant to segregate you from other people.

Posted: 13 March 2011 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

>>If you’ll notice, they keep repeating over and over and over about how us “non-believers” will be punished.<<

That’s the hook which keeps “The Great Unwashed” from asking too many hard questions.

The bait is the promise of eternal salvation in paradise. Both a very effective in getting believers to toe the line and NOT think for themselves.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 13 March 2011 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 13 March 2011 09:04 AM

>>If you’ll notice, they keep repeating over and over and over about how us “non-believers” will be punished.<<
That’s the hook which keeps “The Great Unwashed” from asking too many hard questions.
The bait is the promise of eternal salvation in paradise. Both a very effective in getting believers to toe the line and NOT think for themselves.

The catch-22 is that every religion and sect claims that…and their belief systems are mutually exclusive….you cannot follow more than a few righteously, but that leaves so many willing to send you to hell! LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 14 March 2011 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2011-02-05
asanta - 13 March 2011 05:28 PM
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 13 March 2011 09:04 AM

The catch-22 is that every religion and sect claims that…and their belief systems are mutually exclusive….you cannot follow more than a few righteously, but that leaves so many willing to send you to hell! LOL

Asanta, that’s inaccurate. Not every religion claims that, or even every monotheistic western religion. For example, there have been Christian theologians since Gregory of Nyssa making the case for universal salvation. Jurgen Moltmann has a very interesting defense of it here (interesting if you like philosophy and theology, pretty boring otherwise).

I just want to be careful about overgeneralizing the way that all religious people do about atheists. wink

Signature 

“Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to Perdition!”
-Melville-

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”
-Pynchon-

Posted: 14 March 2011 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2010-10-14

How about reading the Quran in context?

Most of the verses quoted were revealed for a specific period of history…and must be read within the historical context. Thus the significance for us and the time we live in is none…if it was relevant muslims would be killing Jews, Christians, Idol worshippers and Atheists this very minute.

Signature 

As I look back on my life, If I could have the glorious moment
The wondrous opportunity to comprehend
The chance to see my younger self
One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 14 March 2011 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
The_Au_Mean - 14 March 2011 10:19 AM

I just want to be careful about overgeneralizing the way that all religious people do about atheists. wink

Point taken.. wink
I remember the catholic church’s enthusiastic willingness to consign me to hell for attending a protestant church on Sundays as a child. LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 14 March 2011 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7574
Joined  2007-03-02
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 11:32 AM

Most of the verses quoted were revealed for a specific period of history…and must be read within the historical context. Thus the significance for us and the time we live in is none…if it was relevant muslims would be killing Jews, Christians, Idol worshippers and Atheists this very minute.

But many do kill Xians, Jews, Idol worshippers, and atheists to this day.  The Muslim extremists are the equivalent to some of our Fundamngelicals.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 14 March 2011 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
Mriana - 14 March 2011 06:01 PM
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 11:32 AM

But many do kill Xians, Jews, Idol worshippers, and atheists to this day.  The Muslim extremists are the equivalent to some of our Fundamngelicals.

Key word “extremists”...who are condemned by even muslims.

You obviously read and watched too much TV and digest your news in a scandalizing manner if you believe that muslims are out to kill anyone and everyone just because others don’t share the same beliefs as they do…

I use to think somewhat along those lines because of 911 then I was given an option of spending a year in Saudi learning Arabic and travelling around other places…and I can tell you I was not once threatened nor did I ever feel unsafe. Infact I was somewhat coveted by the people I encountered as they all hoped I would convert to Islam and gave me dawah (preaching) on a daily basis…lol

I’ve also been to Yemen, Dubai, Jordan and Egypt. Of those places Yemen is about the only place I felt slightly awkward and that’s because of the way the US does diplomacy with them…and this filters down to the tribes in towns etc and you can feel this brewing tension at the way they are being bullied by the US.

Now when I travelled to America last year and they saw all the stamps from these countries I was literally in O’Hare immigration area for about 2 hours whilst they checked everything out and had it not been for the clean passports of those travelling with me affirming all sorts of stuff I would have probably been put on a flight back to London and branded some sort of risk to the public. lol

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 14 March 2011 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:15 PM

You obviously read and watched too much TV and digest your news in a scandalizing manner if you believe that muslims are out to kill anyone and everyone just because others don’t share the same beliefs as they do…

I don’t watch TV.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 14 March 2011 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
Mriana - 14 March 2011 08:26 PM

I don’t watch TV.

Fine you read too much nonsense…

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 14 March 2011 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:31 PM
Mriana - 14 March 2011 08:26 PM

I don’t watch TV.

Fine you read too much nonsense…

Really?  You have no idea what I read or don’t read, which makes what you say nothing more than opinion.

Signature 

Mriana

1 of 4