Posted: 14 March 2011 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2010-10-14
Mriana - 14 March 2011 08:34 PM
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:31 PM
Mriana - 14 March 2011 08:26 PM
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:15 PM

You obviously read and watched too much TV and digest your news in a scandalizing manner if you believe that muslims are out to kill anyone and everyone just because others don’t share the same beliefs as they do…

I don’t watch TV.

Fine you read too much nonsense…

Really?  You have no idea what I read or don’t read, which makes what you say nothing more than opinion.

So you have first hand experience? You have been approached by muslims who wanted to cause you harm?

Signature 

As I look back on my life, If I could have the glorious moment
The wondrous opportunity to comprehend
The chance to see my younger self
One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 14 March 2011 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:37 PM
Mriana - 14 March 2011 08:34 PM
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:31 PM
Mriana - 14 March 2011 08:26 PM
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 08:15 PM

You obviously read and watched too much TV and digest your news in a scandalizing manner if you believe that muslims are out to kill anyone and everyone just because others don’t share the same beliefs as they do…

I don’t watch TV.

Fine you read too much nonsense…

Really?  You have no idea what I read or don’t read, which makes what you say nothing more than opinion.

So you have first hand experience? You have been approached by muslims who wanted to cause you harm?

You have your opinion about Islam and I have mine.  I’ve read the Quran and find it to be more vile than the Bile.  If you like that crap then have it.  I really don’t care, but I’m not going to sit here and say that you have fallen for Taqiyya, even if I think you have, unlike you who comes out and says things about myself of which you have no knowledge, much less know me.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 14 March 2011 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26
Affluenza - 14 March 2011 11:32 AM

How about reading the Quran in context?

Most of the verses quoted were revealed for a specific period of history…and must be read within the historical context. Thus the significance for us and the time we live in is none…if it was relevant muslims would be killing Jews, Christians, Idol worshippers and Atheists this very minute.

And aren’t they? I don’t want to hear an excuse of specific periods of history. If that is not applicable today…REMOVE IT!!!!!
Any religion which allows (keeps the door open) for mis-interpretation is dangerous and primitive.

A simple line…..“Thou shalt not kill” at least gives a clear command. But as long as Islam leaves the door open for someone to take up a holy jihad, is dangerous, unpredictable and just plain evil.

You seem to be an intelligent and reasonable person. If you believe that the passages which do not apply (should never have been written to begin with), speak up against that.  Or are you afraid someone will declare a fatwa on you? If that is the case, you will see how dangerous Islam (or any religion which allows for a violent solution to convert the unbeliever) is.

[ Edited: 15 March 2011 12:06 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 14 March 2011 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01

Just because every Muslim doesn’t commit extreme actions, doesn’t mean they disagree with it.

Posted: 15 March 2011 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
ExMachina - 14 March 2011 11:27 PM

Just because every Muslim doesn’t commit extreme actions, doesn’t mean they disagree with it.

Which takes us back to the beginning of this this thread.  Despite what people may think is good about a religion, there is still some psychological abuse that goes with it.  Even the Muslim have a concept of hell that is psychologically abusive and this really does a number on children who are born into it.  Religion also hijacks cognitive development and takes advantage of developmental stages in a way that isn’t psychologically healthy.

I think Andy Thompson showed this very well in his speech and said it a lot better than I just did:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMmvu9eMrg

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 15 March 2011 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
Mriana - 15 March 2011 04:53 AM

Which takes us back to the beginning of this this thread.  Despite what people may think is good about a religion, there is still some psychological abuse that goes with it.  Even the Muslim have a concept of hell that is psychologically abusive and this really does a number on children who are born into it.  Religion also hijacks cognitive development and takes advantage of developmental stages in a way that isn’t psychologically healthy.

I think Andy Thompson showed this very well in his speech and said it a lot better than I just did:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMmvu9eMrg

Show me this psychological abuse please…

Hijacks cognative development? Show me some research that backs up this claim…

Thanks

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 15 March 2011 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
Affluenza - 15 March 2011 05:58 AM

Thanks

I’d think teaching a kid that it’s a magical world full of evil disbelievers of the big magic genie does hijack developement. But then again, I’m the crazy one.

Posted: 15 March 2011 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
ExMachina - 15 March 2011 09:29 AM

Thanks

I’d think teaching a kid that it’s a magical world full of evil disbelievers of the big magic genie does hijack developement. But then again, I’m the crazy one.

Don’t forget that parents also teach their kids about Santa and recieveing presents that they put on a list BUT only if their good will they recieve their presents, tooth fairies that take teeth from under ones pillow and that mummy and daddy get their kids dropped off from a stork!

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 15 March 2011 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
Affluenza - 15 March 2011 12:39 PM

Thanks

Don’t forget that parents also teach their kids about Santa and recieveing presents that they put on a list BUT only if their good will they recieve their presents, tooth fairies that take teeth from under ones pillow and that mummy and daddy get their kids dropped off from a stork!

All harmless compare to the HEAVY indoctrination given by Muslims which tell you that everyone in the world, but your own is the enemy. My mom never told me that not believing in Santa will send me to hell suffering for eternity and that all whom denounce him will suffer with burning flesh that renews itself so it continously keeps burning. Seriously, how can this even be a debated topic?

Posted: 15 March 2011 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
ExMachina - 15 March 2011 12:49 PM

Thanks

All harmless compare to the HEAVY indoctrination given by Muslims which tell you that everyone in the world, but your own is the enemy. My mom never told me that not believing in Santa will send me to hell suffering for eternity and that all whom denounce him will suffer with burning flesh that renews itself so it continously keeps burning. Seriously, how can this even be a debated topic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSV_xVJjnM&feature=related

I dunno…I’m sure that day on christmas day…will be one he will remember like no other christmas thereafter…

I can give you a valid responce to what you pose but I know you already have your mind made up…so why waste my time and yours? I mean you linked a website that doesn’t even attempt to explain any passage…they just take any which passage and read it at face value, not going through and analyzing the actual chapters. Essentially cherry picking stuff to suit the agenda…

It also begs the question…if it is true that the quran promotes the killing of non-muslims why are governments not banning the quran? Burn the quran day? Hell yeah! Lets burn this book that promotes the killing of non-muslims…you would think people would welcome such a move right? Why are muslims free to migrate as they wish country to country? They promote killing people! Why is there no ban on these muslims that are indoctrinated to murder?

Maybe it doesn’t promote the killing of anyone? Maybe…

Let me ask do you endorse this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDAW5xk9Ks

[ Edited: 15 March 2011 01:56 PM by Affluenza ]
 Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 15 March 2011 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
Affluenza - 15 March 2011 01:41 PM

Thanks

I dunno…I’m sure that day on christmas day…will be one he will remember like no other christmas thereafter…

I can give you a valid responce to what you pose but I know you already have your mind made up…so why waste my time and yours? I mean you linked a website that doesn’t even attempt to explain any passage…they just take any which passage and read it at face value, not going through and analyzing the actual chapters. Essentially cherry picking stuff to suit the agenda…

It also begs the question…if it is true that the quran promotes the killing of non-muslims why are governments not banning the quran? Burn the quran day? Hell yeah! Lets burn this book that promotes the killing of non-muslims…you would think people would welcome such a move right? Why are muslims free to migrate as they wish country to country? They promote killing people! Why is there no ban on these muslims that are indoctrinated to murder?

Affluenza, arguing in extremes doesn’t validate your point of view.

A. Just because I disagree, doesn’t mean I’m unwilling to listen. You’ve wrongly made the assumption that all who disgree withyou is just wasting your time.

B. Comparing toothfairy and Santa to religion is absurd. You can’t compare a passing belief to a full scale brainwashing.

C. Then you go on this book burning tangent reminicent of the Nazi’s. Which of course I love when people do this. If you can’t win a debate, bring out the extremes.

I did like the first video though. Not because it was funny, but because it goes to show just how selfish people can be just to have their moment. These people did that to their kid with the clear intent to post it on youtube. Parents seem to be as out of control as children now-a-days.

Posted: 15 March 2011 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
ExMachina - 15 March 2011 04:23 PM
Affluenza - 15 March 2011 01:41 PM

Thanks

Affluenza, arguing in extremes doesn’t validate your point of view.

A. Just because I disagree, doesn’t mean I’m unwilling to listen. You’ve wrongly made the assumption that all who disgree withyou is just wasting your time.

B. Comparing toothfairy and Santa to religion is absurd. You can’t compare a passing belief to a full scale brainwashing.

C. Then you go on this book burning tangent reminicent of the Nazi’s. Which of course I love when people do this. If you can’t win a debate, bring out the extremes.

I did like the first video though. Not because it was funny, but because it goes to show just how selfish people can be just to have their moment. These people did that to their kid with the clear intent to post it on youtube. Parents seem to be as out of control as children now-a-days.

I used the extreme because well you talk about Islam as an extreme labelling every single muslim an extremist by the very fact that you abhor their book which it is abundantly clear you haven’t actually even taken the time to read…and cherry pick passages to propogate hate and xenophobia on these very forums…don’t you see you’re no different to an Imam preaching western hate…you have become the very thing you hate.

I actually cringe seeing you post so ignorantly…

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 15 March 2011 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2010-07-01

I actually cringe seeing you post so ignorantly…

Yes, because your posts have been teeming with brilliance.

You are right though. I have been cherry picking. Here’s your basket of 118 cherries. I couldn’t fit all 534 into the basket so you’l have to see for yourself on this link.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/int/long.html

“Show us the straight path, The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.”
Muslims generally interpret “those whom Allah has favored,” “those who earn Allah’s anger,” and “those who go astray” as Muslims, Jews, and Christians, respectively. 1:6-7
Don’t bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die. 2:6-7
Allah has sickened the hearts of disbelievers and increased their disease. He is a spiritual anti-doctor. 2:10
Allah has blinded the disbelievers. “Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness, where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind.” 2:17-18
If you try to compose a surah that is better than those in the Quran, and then fail, Allah will burn you forever if you in the fire that he has prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24 <
They who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein.” 2:39
Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah’s revelations. 2:61
Allah turned Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes to be despised and hated. All modern Jews are descendants of apes (or all modern apes are descendants of Sabbath-breaking Jews). 2:65-66
Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next. 2:85
“Allah has cursed them for their unbelief.”
Because I disbelieve in his bullshit, Allah has cursed me, along with nearly six billion other non-Muslims. 2:88
The curse of Allah is on disbelievers. 2:89
“They have incurred anger upon anger. For disbelievers is a shameful doom.” 90
Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They’d like to live 1000 years. But even that “would by no means remove the doom.” 2:96
Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers. 2:98
Allah has revealed “clear tokens.” Only evil people are disbelievers. 2:99
“For disbelievers is a painful doom.” 2:104
Don’t question anything Muhammed says or choose disbelief over faith. 2:108
The Jews and Christians know damn well that the Muslims are right, so they try to make Muslims disbelievers because they envy the truth that they know the Muslims have. 2:109
“But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them [non-muslims] on the Day of Resurrection.” 2:212
Allah will make disbelievers’ lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die. 2:114
“And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire.” (They are the non-muslims.) 2:119
Disbelievers are losers. 2:121
Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he will compel them to the doom of Fire. 2:126
“Who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself?”
Cited in the Hamas Charter (Article 27) to condemn the idea of a secular state. 2:130
Allah will curse those who “hide the proofs and the guidance” that he revealed. But how can you hide things that don’t exist? There are no proofs anywhere in the Quran and whatever guidance is there is almost always bad. 2:159
Those who disbelieve in the Quran, for whatever reason, are cursed by Allah, the angels, and men combined. So every good Muslim must join Allah and the angels in cursing nonbelievers. 2:161
The doom of the disbelievers will not be lightened. 2:162
“Those who disbelieve [are] Deaf, dumb, blind, therefore they have no sense.” 2:171
Those who hide the Scripture will have their bellies eaten with fire. Theirs will be a painful doom. 2:174
How constant are they in their strife to reach the Fire! 2:175
If someone murders your slave, then you get to kill one of his. If it was a male that was killed, you kill one of the killer’s male slaves. If a female, you kill a female. Murder for murder. Slave for slave. It all works out swell with Allah’s wondrous rules. (Oh, and if you don’t follow them, you’ll have the usual painful doom.) 2:178
Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kil them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don’t kill them.) 2:191-2
Allah says that you must keep fighting until there is no more persecution and everyone on earth is a Muslim. Then you can stop killing people. 2:193a
But if there are any wrong-doers around after you’ve killed off all the disbelievers, persecutors and aggressors, then you’ll have to kill them too. 2:193b
Those who fail in their duty to Allah are proud and sinful. They will all go to hell. 2:206
“But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them [non-muslims] on the Day of Resurrection.” 2:212
War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216
It’s you and your religion against them and theirs. They won’t stop fighting until they make you a “renegade from your religion” and if they succeed in that so you die in disbelief, Allah will burn you forever in the Fire. 2:217
Intermarriage is forbidden. 2:221
“The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers.” 2:254
Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire. 2:257
Allah does not guide disbelievers. 2:264
“Give us victory over the disbelieving folk.” 2:286
Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. 3:4
Those who disbelieve will be fuel for the Fire. 3:10
Those who disbelieve shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell. 3:12
Non-muslims will be punished by Allah for their nonbelief. 3:19
“If they surrender, then truly they are rightly guided, and if they turn away, then it is thy duty only to convey the message.”
(The message for those who won’t surrender is “you’re going to hell.”) 3:20
Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom. 3:21
“They [Christians and Jews] say: The Fire will not touch us save for a certain number of days. That which they used to invent hath deceived them regarding their religion.” (The Fire will burn them forever.) 3:24
Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. 3:28
Allah loveth not the disbelievers. 3:32
Allah will punish disbelievers in this world and the next. They will have no helpers. 3:56
Don’t believe anyone who is not a Muslim. 3:73
“Allah will neither speak to them nor look upon them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He make them grow. Theirs will be a painful doom.” 3:77
All non-Muslims will be rejected by Allah after they die. 3:85
Apostates will be cursed by Allah, angels, and men. They will have a painful doom. 3:86-88
Disbelievers will have a painful doom. And they will have no helpers. 3:91
Disbelievers will have their faces blackened on the last day. They will face an awful doom. 3:105-6
Why does Allah like Muslims so much? Because they are the best people on earth, they behave themselves, forbid indecency, and believe in Allah. Allah loves people who believe in him. (Most Non-muslims are “evil-livers.”) 3:110
Those who disbelieve will be burnt in the Fire. 3:116
Don’t be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118
The Fire is prepared for disbelievers. 3:131
Give us victory over the disbelieving folk. 3:147
Do not obey disbelievers. 3:149
We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire 3:151
“Is one who followeth the pleasure of Allah as one who hath earned condemnation from Allah, whose habitation is the Fire?”
Unbelievers will burn forever in the Fire. 3:162
Theirs will be an awful doom. 3:176
Disbelievers do not harm Allah, but will have a painful doom. 3:177
Disbelievers will have a shameful doom. 3:178
Disbelievers will go to Hell. 3:196
Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom. 4:14
For the disbelievers and those who make a last-minute conversion, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:18
For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37
Those who ...believe not in Allah nor the Last Day” will face a shameful doom. 4:38
“Allah knoweth best (who are) your enemies.” 4:45
“Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not.” 4:46
Christians and Jews must believe what Allah has revealed to Muhammad or Allah will disfigure their faces or turn them into apes, as he did the Sabbath-breakers. (See 2:65-66) 4:47
Those who ascribe a partner to Allah (like Christians do with Jesus and the Holy Spirit) will not be forgiven. They have “invented a tremendous sin.” 4:48, 4:116
Allah curses those that invent lies about him, believe in idols and false deities, claim to be more rightly guided, or whatnot (like the Christians and Jews). 4:50-52
Apostates are going to hell. 4:55
Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56
Oppose those that refuse to obey. 4:60-63
The hypocrites refuse to die for Allah and Muhammad. 4:66
Those who obey Allah and Muhammad are favored by Allah. They are the best company. 4:69
Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74
Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76
“Whoso obeyeth the messenger hath obeyed Allah, and whoso turneth away: We have not sent thee as a warder over them.” 4:80
“So fight (O Muhammad) in the way of Allah ... Allah will restrain the might of those who disbelieve.”
So fight for Allah. Allah will always rig the battle so that Muslims will defeat non-Muslims. 4:84
Allah casts the hypocrites back to disbelief. Don’t try to guide those that Allah sends astray. 4:88
Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89
If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91
Believers shouldn’t kill believers, unless by mistake. If you kill a believer by mistake, you must set free a believing slave. 4:92
Believers who kill believers will go to hell. 4:93
After non-Muslims die, they will make excuses for their unbelief—like saying that they were oppressed. Then the angels will ask them, “Why didn’t you move to another country?” But the angels won’t wait for an answer. They’ll just take them all to hell. 4:97
The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101
For the disbelievers, Allah has prepared a shameful punishment. 4:102
Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. They have no hope from Allah. 4:104
“Plead not on behalf of (people) who deceive themselves. Lo! Allah loveth not one who is treacherous and sinful.” 4:107
Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 4:115
They (those who ascribe partners to Allah) invoke in his stead only females and pray to Satan. 4:117
Allah will lead them astray, arouse desires in them, and they will go to hell. 4:119-121
Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137
For the hypocrites there will be a painful doom. 4:138
Stay away from nonbelievers who mock your beliefs or Allah will treat you like them. (He’ll torture you forever in hell after you die.) 4:140a
Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 4:140b
Allah will not allow disbelievers to succeed against believers. 4:141
Do not choose disbelievers as friends. 4:144

Posted: 15 March 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Thanks

Did you view the video?  Have you read Dr. Marlene Winell, Valerie Tarico, and Darrell Ray’s books?  In fact, check out some of Marlene’s videos on RTS:  http://www.youtube.com/user/trapezedance

RTS is not an official Dx, but she trying to get it known that people do suffer from religious abuse.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 15 March 2011 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
Mriana - 15 March 2011 05:34 PM

Thanks

Did you view the video?  Have you read Dr. Marlene Winell, Valerie Tarico, and Darrell Ray’s books?  In fact, check out some of Marlene’s videos on RTS:  http://www.youtube.com/user/trapezedance

RTS is not an official Dx, but she trying to get it known that people do suffer from religious abuse.

I shall check it out. Thanks.

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

2 of 4