4 of 4
FINALLY! ATLANTIS FOUND!!!
Posted: 02 May 2011 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

So are you saying, in your first quote there, that Aztlan and Atlantis are NOT completely independent traditions? In a previous post you said that they have nothing to do with each other. You can’t have it both ways, sorry.

Sorry mate, but now you’re trying to contrive a strawman. I never said that they were not completely independant traditions. I provided links to discussions which show that they really aren’t very similar at all.

And just to re-iterate a point you seem to be missing, but the Atlantis Legend isn’t even a bona fide myth. It’s a rheotorical device which Plato used in his discussions of what he considered to be an ideal society.

That’s it.

There is nothing more to it than what he said in his two dialogues. it appears NOWHERE in any other mythology, Greek or otherwise. Everything which has been made of it since that time amount to nothing more than fairly modern attempts to overthink the problem and read more into it than Plato ever intended.

With that out of the way, perhaps you can answer this question: Why are you here?

Not that you don’t have a perfect right to be, but it looks to me an awful lot like you’re not looking for explainations or understanding but for confirmation of some of your own preconceived notions.

If this is the case, then I don’t think anybody here is going to be able to help you out.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 03 May 2011 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2010-10-09

You still don’t get it, do you? I don’t think I’m the one with preconceived notions. I just like to puit out conjectures.

And I’m certainly not looking for “confirmation” of anything. Ha! - perish the thought. But it’s truly fascinating to watch some people’s conditioned responses to odd stimuli. Very Skinnerian.

All the best

Theflyingsorcerer.

And just as an aside, sorry, but you DON’T know with 100% certainty that the Oera Linda is “fake”; not unless you have personally examined the original and personally tested the paper. 90%, perhaps, 99 maybe, but not 100

Posted: 03 May 2011 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

You still don’t get it, do you? I don’t think I’m the one with preconceived notions. I just like to puit out conjectures.

And I’m certainly not looking for “confirmation” of anything.

The nature and tone of your posts indicates otherwise.

And just as an aside, sorry, but you DON’T know with 100% certainty that
the Oera Linda is “fake”; not unless you have personally examined the
original and personally tested the paper. 90%, perhaps, 99 maybe, but not

As a matter of fact, I do know this and if your earlier remarks are any indication, so do you.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 06 May 2011 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  971
Joined  2005-01-14
OGMONKEY - 29 April 2011 01:11 PM

Man is older than we are told.  With the little bit of land we have left on Earth, is it that big of deal that you would dismiss it 100%?  They are finding ruins miles down in the oceans.

Could I ask where you get your information about this, OG?

I believe in evolution 100%.  I have seen it happening all around me my 29 years.  Now could our evolution have been tampered with somehow?

Call me skeptical if you like, but I somehow get the nagging feeling that your understanding of evolution is not the same as mine…

Posted: 07 May 2011 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2010-10-09
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 03 May 2011 09:53 AM

And I’m certainly not looking for “confirmation” of anything.

The nature and tone of your posts indicates otherwise.

And just as an aside, sorry, but you DON’T know with 100% certainty that
the Oera Linda is “fake”; not unless you have personally examined the
original and personally tested the paper. 90%, perhaps, 99 maybe, but not

As a matter of fact, I do know this and if your earlier remarks are any indication, so do you.

As a matter of FACT, you CAN"T POSSIBLY “know”, 100%. And neither can I. Absolutism, the insistence on either/or, right/wrong, yes/no two-valued Aristotelian logic, has been the downfall of many a system of thought; scientific, political, economic, philosophical, religious…... as a certain very eminent scientist once said, in addition to “yes” and “no”, the Universe contains a “maybe” - and, I would add, perhaps also a “maybe not”. I submit that NO-ONE can be 100% certain of ANYTHING other than one’s own existence; everything else is probabilities. I am about 99.9999% certain that Canada exists, for example, since all the indications seem to confirm for me that I live there; but there is a perhaps vanishingly small, but certainly non-zero, probability that I’m dreaming, or hallucinating, or hypnotised.

And as for “nature and tone” - you have deep insight into my motivations just from a few marks on a computer screen? I could use a very rude word at this point, but I’ll restrain myself.

Whenever I post to this forum I get the distinct feeling I’m dealing with, not flesh-and-blood human beings, but Turing Machines programmed with all the “right”, “acceptable” answers. I don’t rate that “probability” as very high - no more than 25% perhaps; but still…....

Theflyingsorcerer.

Posted: 07 May 2011 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

As a matter of FACT, you CAN"T POSSIBLY “know”, 100%. And neither can I.

Sure you can. One of the hallmarks of science is that it can and does have the ability to establish what cannot possibly be so. It’s called “Falsification.”

And as for “nature and tone” - you have deep insight into my motivations
just from a few marks on a computer screen?

Your own words tell us quite a bit. If you don’t like that, then consider something which is not so obviously hostile.

Whenever I post to this forum I get the distinct feeling I’m dealing with,
not flesh-and-blood human beings, but Turing Machines programmed with all
the “right”, “acceptable” answers. I don’t rate that “probability” as
very high - no more than 25% perhaps; but still…....

The probability you’re speaking to is surrounding a legend that isn’t even a valid part of Greek mythology but a teaching/rheotorical device used by Plato. Everything else which has followed has been contrived out of absolutely nothing, and warrants no further consideration.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2011 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-10-20

Ever heard of a guy named Carl Baugh?  He runs an evangelical show out of Glen Rose, TX and in the last year or two, has spent at least two hours on the “Found Ark”.  He’s also the guy who made claims about finding fossilized dino tracks underneath fossilized human tracks.  Has a show on the Trinity network called Creation in the 21st Century

Weirdly interesting show, that. . .

Signature 

TG Browning>>>
http://www.revisedevilsdictionary.com

Posted: 19 May 2011 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
tgbrowning - 19 May 2011 05:11 PM

Ever heard of a guy named Carl Baugh?  He runs an evangelical show out of Glen Rose, TX and in the last year or two, has spent at least two hours on the “Found Ark”.  He’s also the guy who made claims about finding fossilized dino tracks underneath fossilized human tracks.  Has a show on the Trinity network called Creation in the 21st Century

Weirdly interesting show, that. . .

The footprints were either paradolia or fakes, I can’t remember which, but they have been long debunked.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 May 2011 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

On the fossilized dinosaur tracks beneath human tracks, see http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html Be sure to follow the links.

Signature 

4 of 4