Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 22 March 2011 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Is abortion morally wrong?

Like anything else, it depends on the reasons. Often as not, it’s simply the least unpalatable of a number of crappy options.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 22 March 2011 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-03-21

I would say it’s not immoral, and that a mother’s life is worth more than an fetus’s but I would also prefer that other options be available (much in the way I would opt for at least trying other options before having bariatric surgery or other potentially life-changing but elective surgeries).

I remember seeing a movie in (Catholic) elementary school where the mother was going to die if she went through with her pregnancy but did it anyway and it was supposed to show how wonderful and heroic she was and I just thought, “What about her other child? What about her husband? What about her parents? Why are they sacrificing this woman for a fetus that might possibly live? There will be a child (or two) with no mom and a man with no wife and parents with no child because they value this potential over the actual person. I find that view so strange. And yeah.

Posted: 22 March 2011 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Unfortunately Anne, the “Keep ‘em barefoot and pregnant” mentality tends to prevail within some religious circles regardless of the price.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.