Canada’s Science Minister
Posted: 03 April 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17

Doesn’t believe in evolution, apparently. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/science-minister-wont-confirm-belief-in-evolution/article320476/

Really, does a few undergrad science courses and being a chiropractor qualify you to be science minister? Ridiculous.

C

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 04 April 2011 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22

Apparently so.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 04 April 2011 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Really, does a few undergrad science courses and being a chiropractor qualify you to be science minister? Ridiculous.

It would appear that in politricks, the only qualification you need for office is to be breathing.

Brains are niether needed, expected, or required.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 04 April 2011 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-18

Gotta wonder who granted him the position of Minister of Science in the first place.Yet another of the uninformed? Just sayin`.

Posted: 17 April 2011 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-03-07

wow, lets hope this election change a few things. Probably wont.

Posted: 01 October 2011 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

via the globe and mail:

Many scientists fear 10 years of gains will be wiped out by a government that doesn’t understand the importance of basic, curiosity-driven research, which history shows leads to the big discoveries. They worry Canada’s best will decamp for the United States, where President Barack Obama has put $10-billion (U.S) into medical research as part of his plan to stimulate economic growth.

But in the interview, Mr. Goodyear defended his government’s approach and the January budget, and said it stacks up well when compared to what Mr. Obama is doing.

He also talked about how passionate he is about science and technology - including basic research - and how his life before politics shaped his views.

Now 51, Mr. Goodyear grew up in Cambridge. His parents divorced when he was young. His father was a labourer, his mother a seamstress who worked three jobs to the support her three children.

His first summer job was laying asphalt when he was 12. At 13, he got a part-time job at a garage, pumping gas. At 17, the young entrepreneur started his own company selling asphalt and sealants.

I met him at an event we held at our office for the Fed Development Ontario Grant announcement - I also thought his stance was a little out of tune with his position, and wondered why someone with more relevant and dedicated credentials wasn’t selected.

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

‹‹ National region Athiests?      2011 elections ››