how would i contact….
Posted: 05 April 2011 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

I don’t want to spam the board, so apologies to Doug, Occam et al in advance….

but anyway…. I just started an IRB approved research study for atheist women, and was looking for ideas as to how i can reach my target N of participants.  I am having a hard time getting people.  so far I have already sent out emails to lots of friends and posted here and on facebook.  Are there any other good sites or contacts anyone can suggest?

(btw just in case anybody here is willing to help me, send me a pm and i’ll send you the link smile )

thanks.

~ skoo

Posted: 05 April 2011 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Maybe try Skepchick? They’re great.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 April 2011 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-04-07

How many participants do you need, and whereabout do you live? If there’s a medium/large college near you, print out some ads and hang them around campus. Also, see if there are any atheist student clubs, and don’t forget to check out meetup.com - almost every city has a meetup atheist group. Almost forgot - post an ad on your local craigslist, but make sure not to include your real email in the ad (use the anonymous email craigslist gives you). You wouldn’t believe the amount of spam you can get from bored angry Internet people… >__>

Signature 

Author of “Atheism 101: Answers, Explanations and Rebuttals” (now available on Kindle! smile )

Posted: 07 April 2011 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Watch out for population bias…

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 07 April 2011 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

By the way, Skuld, I would like to congratulate you on the way you handled the link, by asking those interested to PM you rather than just posting the link.  Well done.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 08 April 2011 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-04-08

I can’t speak to population bias, but depending on where you’re publishing I’d look into Help a Reporter Out if your results are going anywhere outside of an academic institution.

Also, have you tried looking at religion forums or even atheist forums on the net?  Are there Meetups in your area?