1 of 2
Oh boy, so John Paul’s a Saint now
Posted: 30 April 2011 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

I can understand making John a Saint…
But, what the heck did Paul and his Angelic Wings do to deserve beatification???

Well, Vatican City… nation… worldwide cult… have your party. smirk 

I’ll raise my beer to Saint John Lennon

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 30 April 2011 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Holly Molly. . .  talk about a saint

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2011 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2010-10-14

I Met the Walrus

Signature 

As I look back on my life, If I could have the glorious moment
The wondrous opportunity to comprehend
The chance to see my younger self
One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 01 May 2011 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08
citizenschallenge.pm - 30 April 2011 11:43 PM

Holly Molly. . .  talk about a saint

Imagine = Humanist anthem.  IMO.

Posted: 01 May 2011 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

I’m a Lennonist
John: 1940-1980

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 07 May 2011 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2011-04-18

What cheek! What arrogance! A man who protected hundreds of pedophiles, being made a saint by the man who ran the pedophile protection program. The RCC needs to be disbanded.

http://www.alachuacountytoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1503:it-is-a-sad-day-for-catholicism&catid=118:letters-to-the-editor&Itemid=524

[ Edited: 07 May 2011 08:13 PM by Realitycheck ]
 Signature 

Denying gods exists is an admission one might, for one cannot deny that which does not exist. Reality, is realizing there are no gods to deny.

Posted: 07 May 2011 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
Realitycheck - 07 May 2011 07:51 PM

What cheek! What arrogance! A man who protected hundreds of pedophiles, being made a saint by the man who ran the pedophile protection program. The RCC needs to be disbanded.

http://www.alachuacountytoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1503:it-is-a-sad-day-for-catholicism&catid=118:letters-to-the-editor&Itemid=524

“It is time for Pope Benedict XVI to deliver the following statement to the world from his balcony at the Vatican: “We, the popes, cardinals, bishops, and priests of the Roman Catholic Church, have been grievously and sinfully wrong since the very beginning of the church’s existence in protecting predator priests at the expense of the victims of clergy sexual abuse.

“Humbly, in the presence of God, we openly admit our culpability, and in professing our shame, ask for forgiveness from God and all humanity for the unspeakable sins we have committed against victimized children and their families throughout our history.”

It is indeed a sad day for Catholicism. My church is broken! It is in need of renewal! It is in need of transparency! It is in need of reformation!”

Robert W. Wilford
“Cradle to Grave Catholic”
Alachua, Fla.

No instead the Pope will get up there and banish to damnation any woman struggling though the personal tragedy of an abortion crisis.
And then he’ll offer damnation all who use contraceptives to avoid that unwanted pregnancy crisis in this critically over-populated world.

At the risk of getting old for CFI old timers:
Sinead O’Connor-War

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2011 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-02-20

The RCC is a shameful organization and the whole process is BS (the fact that JPII got rid of the Advocatus Diabolicum is bad enough) but let’s get our facts straight.
JPII was Beatified and can now be referred to as Blessed.  This is one step away from Canonization, which requires proof of another miracle that occurred after his
Beatification.  I’m sure that the miracle is already on file.

Signature 

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane.”

Feuerbach

Posted: 07 May 2011 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

No doubt, complete with “witnesses”.

Signature 

Denying gods exists is an admission one might, for one cannot deny that which does not exist. Reality, is realizing there are no gods to deny.

Posted: 08 May 2011 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-10-14

Who cares really?

RCC doesn’t really have an affect on your lives unless you’re catholics…

By caring about their activities you legitimise them…and they love that….it says they have a hold of you…

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 08 May 2011 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

By that logic Affluenza, we might as well not have police officers as that legitimizes crime.

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2011 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Besides, seems to me the RCC crusades against contraceptives and abortions have effected way more than just Papists.

{ Oh jeez that rhymes with rapist doesn’t it.  Hmmm, not that far from the mark is it. }

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2011 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

Indeed! One of the pernicious causes of the spread of AIDS in Africa is the Vatican’s position on condoms. One wonders why a caring church would want it’s adherents to be diseased and bear diseased children? One cannot but wonder, with the RCC’s history, if skin colour is perhaps an issue? Long ago, the people of Quebec began ignoring that particular ignorance from the RCC, 13 children were just too hard to feed and cloth, not that the church cared about that so ,long as those were catholic children feezing and starving. It is at the point now, where the RCC, once stronger in Quebec than the government, is now pretty much irrelevant. A sign of things to come.

Signature 

Posted: 10 May 2011 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2010-10-14
Realitycheck - 08 May 2011 08:05 AM

By that logic Affluenza, we might as well not have police officers as that legitimizes crime.

How does the RCC affect you personally?

I’m pretty sure you have more pressing concerns tbh…

I for example have a yogurt in the fridge that expires tomorrow…

Signature 

One time, To converse
To hear his thoughts

Posted: 10 May 2011 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-02-20
Affluenza - 10 May 2011 02:48 PM
Realitycheck - 08 May 2011 08:05 AM

How does the RCC affect you personally?

Directly, not in the least, but I am a member of the planet that their policies and practices affect on a daily basis.

I’m pretty sure you have more pressing concerns tbh…

I’m planning the summer bookshelf project!

I for example have a yogurt in the fridge that expires tomorrow…

I don’t like yogurt:)

Signature 

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane.”

Feuerbach

Posted: 10 May 2011 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-18

Sexual abuse of children should concern us all don’t you agree? It is bad enough they are among us, but for an institution which would have those thick enough to do so, believe it is there to protect and “save” them, to not only have 1400 year history of pedophilia in it’s ranks, but which has been protecting them and further victimizing the victims for the same length of time is unspeakable. Erasing the RCC from the face of the Earth would go a long way to cleansing the place.

Stay away from the yogurt, it is likely more cultured than you Aff.

Signature 

1 of 2