10 of 10
Osama Bin Laden 1957-2011 (Merged)
Posted: 19 May 2011 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
George - 19 May 2011 10:17 PM

Well yes, Harry Potter is for kids.

It is, but it seems that a majority of her fans are adult.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 May 2011 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Anthropology… I wonder what would happen if they interpreted the story books as reality? 

Well just imagine the future, when the anthropologists dig up our generation.  They want to find the truth, they want to know, they are tired of all the rumors and myths and they want to sort out fact from fiction.  Then up it comes… a copy of _Harry_Potter_, then more and more.  With that many copies, they must have been important to the early 21st century.  And just look at the people today, the Harryaelies, who are certain that their land is where the stories really happened, certain of their holy city Hogwarts, who hold that other sect of the Potter god (the Potestinians) in that little corner of the country, it all must be valid now that archeologists proved that the scriptures existed before the 21st century.  Maybe after the peace talks the mediators can get them to join together in the Quidditch holy ceremony, then maybe there could be peace. 

I wonder if we’ll ever find copies of that other holy text, _The_DaVinci_Code_ so that we can settle that dispute whether that statement at the beginning that it is a fiction story was really in the original texts or was it just a later scribal addition?  downer

We know that Dan Browne, and J. K. Rowling are happy.  smile  I doubt that their compelling underdog stories can really do all that.  But its still fun to weave a story of my own.  grin

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

10 of 10