2 of 3
Would You Have Made The Same Decision Obama Made Re: bin Laden
Posted: 07 May 2011 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

I’d suggest 1,000 mg of Can’thandlethetruthazine delivered as a suppository.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 07 May 2011 06:38 AM

I don’t know, he might have “declared a war” but is there any evidence that he was actually behind the 9/11 attack?

I have not seen any “hard” evidence for 9/11. (Other attacks, yes but not 9/11) Would love to see some. Apparently the video that people refer to was of a Bin Laden look-alike.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 07 May 2011 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/05/shock-christiane-amanpour-predicted-bin-laden-whereabouts-in-2008/

Posted: 07 May 2011 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
traveler - 07 May 2011 09:25 AM

Apparently the video that people refer to was of a Bin Laden look-alike.

No it wasn’t.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14
traveler - 07 May 2011 09:25 AM
George - 07 May 2011 06:38 AM

I don’t know, he might have “declared a war” but is there any evidence that he was actually behind the 9/11 attack?

I have not seen any “hard” evidence for 9/11. (Other attacks, yes but not 9/11) Would love to see some. Apparently the video that people refer to was of a Bin Laden look-alike.

See HERE for several, in particular THIS and THIS

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 May 2011 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2007-06-20

Nice try Doug, but unfortunately you and I know that any evidence that contradicts the conspiracy will simply be claimed to be part of the conspiracy.  And what a huge conspiracy it is!  Not only was Bush in on it, but now President Obama is in on it as well!  I guess it means Obama had an innocent man killed!  rolleyes

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Rocinante - 07 May 2011 11:52 AM

Nice try Doug, but unfortunately you and I know that any evidence that contradicts the conspiracy will simply be claimed to be part of the conspiracy.  And what a huge conspiracy it is!  Not only was Bush in on it, but now President Obama is in on it as well!  I guess it means Obama had an innocent man killed!  rolleyes

Settle down, I’m convinced. I think conspiracists are mostly nuts. What I wrote was, “Apparently the video…” showed something other than the actual bin laden because that’s the appearance that the conspiracists take from it. LINK

Edit to add: And digital video these days is often hard to accept as “hard” evidence. Again, I happen to believe the videos are real, but I realize that it is not “hard” enough evidence to convince some.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2011 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Why does the Wiki page say that “...government report notes that the evidence presented is not necessarily sufficient for a prosecutable case”?

Posted: 07 May 2011 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  6107
Joined  2006-12-20
Rocinante - 06 May 2011 08:07 AM

Time to play armchair Commander in Chief. 

We may not know for years or decades what pieces of intelligence Obama had regarding bin Laden and his compound.  But considering Obama’s predecessor relied on the same intelligence agencies Obama relied on, and knowing how that turned out re. WMDs, Obama had a tough call to make.  I’m curious what others would have done in the same situation. 

I’ll go first.  I would have made the same call Obama made.

I wouldn’t have done it because I think killing him adds more fuel to the fire than it takes off.

Most of us just thought he was dead anyway, best just to leave it that way.

Stephen

Posted: 07 May 2011 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
George - 07 May 2011 01:59 PM

Why does the Wiki page say that “...government report notes that the evidence presented is not necessarily sufficient for a prosecutable case”?

Well, hell, I guess that settles it doesn’t it?!  rolleyes

It was all a conspiracy from the start!  So tell us, who do you think is the true culprit?

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
StephenLawrence - 07 May 2011 02:11 PM

I wouldn’t have done it because I think killing him adds more fuel to the fire than it takes off.

Most of us just thought he was dead anyway, best just to leave it that way.

Fair enough.

So then why do you think President Obama gave the order?  He had to have reason to believe the cost/benefit ratio at least tipped on the side of killing him than allowing him to live.

I think the fact that he was in a nuclear armed nation played some role in the decision.  bin laden has made no secret his desire to use nuclear weapons on infidels for decades.

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 07 May 2011 01:59 PM

Yes, that’s the sort of thing I thought you meant when you said “hard” evidence. You’re not saying you believe he was innocent, you’re just talking about degree of proof, right?

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2011 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
traveler - 07 May 2011 04:05 PM

You’re not saying you believe he was innocent, you’re just talking about degree of proof, right?

I believe bin Laden was “guilty” of complicating the Americans’ control over, say, the Afghani lithium, but I disagree that the present evidence to show he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks is sufficient to justify his murder, especially not in front of his children and his wife, and certainly not without a trial.

Posted: 07 May 2011 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
George - 07 May 2011 05:26 PM

I believe bin Laden was “guilty” of complicating the Americans’ control over, say, the Afghani lithium,...

Speaking of lithium, perhaps you should take yours! grin 

If your tin foil hat gets in the way of you taking it, just attach a bunch of paper clips to the hat, and keep the paper clip chain in contact with your body while you take your meds!  Obama, Boooooooooosh, the Jooooooooos, the CIA, the Illuminanti, the Freemasons, the Skull & Bones, the Aliens (Greys or Reptilians) or Elvis or whoever the hell you think was behind 9/11 won’t be able to get you that way!  grin

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Rocinante - 07 May 2011 06:20 PM
George - 07 May 2011 05:26 PM

I believe bin Laden was “guilty” of complicating the Americans’ control over, say, the Afghani lithium,...

Speaking of lithium, perhaps you should take yours! grin 

If your tin foil hat gets in the way of you taking it, just attach a bunch of paper clips to the hat, and keep the paper clip chain in contact with your body while you take your meds!  Obama, Boooooooooosh, the Jooooooooos, the CIA, the Illuminanti, the Freemasons, the Skull & Bones, the Aliens (Greys or Reptilians) or Elvis or whoever the hell you think was behind 9/11 won’t be able to get you that way!  grin

And that’s productive, how???

Signature 

2 of 3