3 of 3
Would You Have Made The Same Decision Obama Made Re: bin Laden
Posted: 07 May 2011 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 07 May 2011 05:26 PM
traveler - 07 May 2011 04:05 PM

You’re not saying you believe he was innocent, you’re just talking about degree of proof, right?

I believe bin Laden was “guilty” of complicating the Americans’ control over, say, the Afghani lithium, but I disagree that the present evidence to show he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks is sufficient to justify his murder, especially not in front of his children and his wife, and certainly not without a trial.

Well, that is important given current battery technology… But do you not believe the videos are real? If they are, then he pretty much admits to his involvement.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 07 May 2011 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25
StephenLawrence - 07 May 2011 02:11 PM

I wouldn’t have done it because I think killing him adds more fuel to the fire than it takes off.

Most of us just thought he was dead anyway, best just to leave it that way.

Stephen

George - 07 May 2011 05:26 PM

I believe bin Laden was “guilty” of complicating the Americans’ control over, say, the Afghani lithium, but I disagree that the present evidence to show he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks is sufficient to justify his murder, especially not in front of his children and his wife, and certainly not without a trial.

Seems some people here think that valuing human life doesn’t require valuing justice.

Posted: 07 May 2011 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
traveler - 07 May 2011 06:32 PM

And that’s productive, how???

It’s sarcasm.  It’s a form of humor used to make a point.  And while it may be a very low level of productivity, it’s a helluva lot more productive than people who hem and haw around trying to say there are “degrees” of guilt (that’s like saying “only a little pregnant”) and who won’t come right out and name names or give a firm answer one way or another on who they think was behind 9/11.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 07 May 2011 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
traveler - 07 May 2011 06:40 PM

But do you not believe the videos are real? If they are, then he pretty much admits to his involvement.

I believe it’s real, but admitting to his involvement says no more than, well, admitting to his involvement. FWIW, I do believe he was behind the 9/11 attacks, but I’d have liked to see more evidence before killing him.

Posted: 07 May 2011 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Rocinante - 07 May 2011 07:09 PM
traveler - 07 May 2011 06:32 PM

And that’s productive, how???

It’s sarcasm.  It’s a form of humor used to make a point.  And while it may be a very low level of productivity, it’s a helluva lot more productive than people who hem and haw around trying to say there are “degrees” of guilt (that’s like saying “only a little pregnant”) and who won’t come right out and name names or give a firm answer one way or another on who they think was behind 9/11.

I don’t know where that (degrees of guilt) comes from. We are discussing degrees of proof/evidence, not guilt.

Signature 

Posted: 07 May 2011 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 07 May 2011 07:17 PM
traveler - 07 May 2011 06:40 PM

But do you not believe the videos are real? If they are, then he pretty much admits to his involvement.

I believe it’s real, but admitting to his involvement says no more than, well, admitting to his involvement. FWIW, I do believe he was behind the 9/11 attacks, but I’d have liked to see more evidence before killing him.

I can understand that. The ideal rarely matches reality, however.

Signature 

3 of 3