1 of 4
the end of the world is coming next week
Posted: 14 May 2011 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

The end is nigh, insists Robert Fitzpatrick.

And he’s put his money where his mouth is. If the world doesn’t end on May 21, one week from tomorrow, he’ll have wasted more than $140,000 on bus and subway advertising.

The 60-year-old Staten Island resident, a retired MTA employee, says he’s spent at least that sum—his life savings—on 1,000 subway-car placards, and even more ads on bus kiosks and subway cars. They say: “Global Earthquake: The Greatest Ever! Judgment Day May 21, 2011.”

In a self-published book, “The Doomsday Code,” Fitzpatrick says the Bible offers “proof that cannot be dismissed.”

“Judgment Day will surprise people. We will not be ready for it,” Fitzpatrick said in an interview with The Post yesterday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/the_end_of_the_world_6LZXVJP6VeEJjhI9KqQ9HP

i guess this means we can all max out our credit cards…

Posted: 14 May 2011 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2416
Joined  2007-07-05

HURRAY!

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 14 May 2011 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
skuld - 14 May 2011 02:31 PM

The end is nigh, insists Robert Fitzpatrick.

And he’s put his money where his mouth is. If the world doesn’t end on May 21, one week from tomorrow, he’ll have wasted more than $140,000 on bus and subway advertising.

The 60-year-old Staten Island resident, a retired MTA employee, says he’s spent at least that sum—his life savings—on 1,000 subway-car placards, and even more ads on bus kiosks and subway cars. They say: “Global Earthquake: The Greatest Ever! Judgment Day May 21, 2011.”

In a self-published book, “The Doomsday Code,” Fitzpatrick says the Bible offers “proof that cannot be dismissed.”

“Judgment Day will surprise people. We will not be ready for it,” Fitzpatrick said in an interview with The Post yesterday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/the_end_of_the_world_6LZXVJP6VeEJjhI9KqQ9HP

i guess this means we can all max out our credit cards…

May 22 is going to be a very sad day for a lot of people who will have lost everything. Unfortunately, it will have NO financial impact on Harold Camping, since it is not illegal to destroy lives in this way, in the name of religion. If this were an investment scheme, he would be in the cooler with Madoff et al.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 16 May 2011 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22

The end is nigh

That seems to be an almost weekly prediction.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 16 May 2011 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

...and I feel fine! grin

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 16 May 2011 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  4298
Joined  2010-08-15
Rocinante - 16 May 2011 10:14 AM

...and I feel fine! grin

You know I can’t let that go without this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FGrFKkPnM

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 16 May 2011 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

MSNBC - End of Days in May? Believers enter final stretch

Do you wanna know one thing that all of the past end-of-the-world predictions have in common… [all of the past end-of-the-world predictions have proven wrong, because the earth is still here. grin]  I do feel sad for the devout though, spending so much money on this, thinking that they are helping to warn people.  Oh those Protestants, when will they learn?  On the other hand though, if they got their wish, then it would mean fewer of them in the world, would that be a bad thing?

ebiblefellowship, their argument is extremly convoluted, their math is hole-ey, they are as preachy as can be by repeatedly asking the reader to believe in Christianity, and they are basing this mainly on the Bible, so it is (to say the least) hard to decipher, but I’m just trying to get at the core here…

1) Genesis 7:4 (NIV) “Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights,”  God warned Noah that the flood would last seven days, starting 4990 BC (a date that ebiblefellowship promises is completely accurate).

2) 2 Peter 3:8 (NIV) “With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.”  Warning us that when God warned Noah the flood would come in seven days, that the warning also applies 7 * 1000 = 7000 days later, in addition to the first time.  rolleyes

3) -4990 + 7000 = 2010 (plus 1 for the off-by-one-error correction), which they think results in May 21, 2011.  rolleyes  Which is the end of the world, by fire they say.  Enjoy repenting everyone, sarcastically speaking.  smile

[ Edited: 16 May 2011 05:30 PM by jump_in_the_pit ]
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 16 May 2011 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-07-28

Hopefully, the RV’s that these folks have parked all over the country aren’t loaded up with Tesla oscillators!

Posted: 20 May 2011 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2005-07-20

Times just about up!  Everyone hold onto your pants, it’ll be a wild ride for sure!  Oh, whatever, either it won’t happen tomorrow, or it will.  Either the god’s math is so lousy that 1 = 1000, and that duplicates everything in creation that can be dated, or it doesn’t, or some such silliness.  Maybe everyone should write to ebiblefellowship and wish them well.  I wonder if they have an email address?  smile  They’ll probably just delay the end until the end of the year, and then beyond, if their wish doesn’t work out.  downer

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2011 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Oh jeez even NPR is reporting on it, as I listen.
Gag me with a spoon.

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2011 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
jump_in_the_pit - 20 May 2011 02:35 PM

Times just about up! 

What time’s it supposed to be ~ I want to be the first one to post in the new after life.

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2011 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I think he said it would be about 6:00 PM Pacific time (he probably has no idea how to translate it to Greenwich Mean Time).  Maybe I should have my evening glass of wine two hours earlier.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 21 May 2011 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-02-20
citizenschallenge.pm - 21 May 2011 08:50 AM
jump_in_the_pit - 20 May 2011 02:35 PM

Times just about up! 

What time’s it supposed to be ~ I want to be the first one to post in the new after life.

If I were ushering in hell on Earth I’d nix social media first!

Signature 

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane.”

Feuerbach

Posted: 21 May 2011 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2007-10-05

One more hour. I’m going to sit on the back porch, smoke a cigar, and read a good book. Or maybe fling some Angry Birds at some pigs. I’ll pour myself a bit of bourbon at 8 p.m. PDT and toast another false prophet.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 21 May 2011 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2005-07-20

Tick tick everyone.  I wrote the ebiblefellowship people and invited them here, I hope they’re in a talking mood, try to make friends everyone.

Humanists, will you be laughing with the sinners tomorrow, or crying with the saints?  Actually, I don’t even like milk and honey all that much.  Baklava?  Eh, no thanks.

I wonder who deserves more blame if things don’t work out for the profits, all that money spent on advertising and not on the hungry?  At least the ebiblefellowship has the excuse that they were confused by their beliefs.

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2011 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07

I heard some people decided to puck the rapture.
They are laying out sets of clothes, shoes, socks hat as if someone had been standing there a moment before and had been taken.
cool grin

1 of 4