2 of 4
the end of the world is coming next week
Posted: 21 May 2011 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2008-09-10

Another miscalculation, it seems.  Well, I was never good at arithmetic, either.  Try, try again.

Signature 

“Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain.” 
—F. Schiller

http://theblogofciceronianus.blogspot.com

Posted: 21 May 2011 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  3793
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 21 May 2011 05:07 PM

One more hour. I’m going to sit on the back porch, smoke a cigar, and read a good book. Or maybe fling some Angry Birds at some pigs. I’ll pour myself a bit of bourbon at 8 p.m. PDT and toast another false prophet.

I’ll clink your glass, well maybe the side of my computer, with a cheap beer.  cool smile
happy rapture not

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 21 May 2011 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4615
Joined  2007-10-05

Well, we are still here. I’d love to interview Harold Camping tomorrow morning.

Me: “Mr. Camping, you said you were 100% sure the rapture would occur yesterday, yet here we are talking with each other. How do you explain this?”

Camping: “Um, er, uh…”

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 21 May 2011 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Camping: “Um, er, uh…”

Naaaaahhhhh…he’ll just come up with a new date and cite the same “Irrefutable Biblical Evidence” that he got it right and the discussion is over!

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 21 May 2011 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

I bet he sets the next date far enough out that he’ll be dead before his prophecy is proven false again.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 21 May 2011 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2007-10-14

`

All I can say is…....watch this :)

‘After The Rapture’

It really does almost make one ‘disappointed’ :)

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 21 May 2011 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Axegrrl - 21 May 2011 10:34 PM

`

All I can say is…....watch this smile

‘After The Rapture’

It really does almost make one ‘disappointed’ smile

`

Brilliant! tongue laugh

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 22 May 2011 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
DarronS - 21 May 2011 09:48 PM

I bet he sets the next date far enough out that he’ll be dead before his prophecy is proven false again.

Yeah, but that could be next month.  tongue wink

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 22 May 2011 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Well, the rapture is here and… we made it!  Congratulations to all of you, we are the chosen few of the Bible! 

We know that you skeptics haven’t been devout and pious, we can look around and see no horror, no seven horsemen, no apocalypse, or any nastiness… therefore this is it people!  This is Heaven!  We made it!  We don’t have to suffer the pains of the others!  We are the chosen few because despite how undevout as you have been, you were still chosen!!!!!  This is Heaven on Earth.

Now everyone invite the profits here, and lets talk it out.  They’ll be nervous, confused, and looking for answers by now.  smile That video was right on top if it.  smile  I’m more interested in the followers, than in false profit Camping, without those followers supporting him, he’d be nothing.  Calenders aren’t about math and astronomy, they’re about astrology and the psychics, right?

See you next year, don’t forget that the Mayan calender wasn’t made as a perpetual calender, it ends soon.  Doubters wonder if the Icelandic volcano is the start of the profit’s vindication, beware skeptics.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 22 May 2011 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  3793
Joined  2010-08-15

`

‘After The Rapture’

`

That really was beautiful, a much better way to start the day than yesterday’s morning paper (Front Page: local very drunk postal worker spits shit into cops face - and that’s in a postcard beautiful small rural town… sorry, had to unload that one on someone.).

I’ll never think of The Rapture in the same way again.
go for christ sake, go already - the rest of (us) will clean up the mess you folks leave behind, just go already.

[thanks T, too bad I can’t post anything without typos.]

[ Edited: 22 May 2011 07:16 PM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 22 May 2011 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
citizenschallenge.pm - 22 May 2011 07:31 AM

`

‘After The Rapture’

`

That really was beautiful, a much better way to start the day than yesterday’s morning paper (Front Page: local very drunk postal worker spits shit into cops face - and that’s in a postcard beautiful small rural town… sorry, had to unload that one on someone.).

I’ll never think of The Rapture in the same way again.
go for christ sake, go already - the rest of will clean up the mess you folks leave behind, just go already.

I rarely put stuff on my facebook wall, but I did put that up there.  tongue rolleye

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 22 May 2011 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  472
Joined  2007-06-08

Actually, according to preacher Harold Camping cool smile  : Rapture Occured, but No One Worth Saving.

“This is absolute proof that I am correct,” said Camping. “The rapture definitely took place, but there just wasn’t a soul worth saving so it went unnoticed.”

[ Edited: 22 May 2011 08:48 PM by Pragmatic Naturalist ]

Posted: 23 May 2011 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

Rapture?  I thought Camping was talking about rupture.  I guess I can cancel my doctor’s appointment, and can go back to doing heavy lifting when unavoidable.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 24 May 2011 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Well, I was wrong. Harold Camping now says the world will end in October. i should have paid more attention to his history. He did the same thing in 1994.

All these doomsday predictions make my head spin. How can the world end on Dec. 21, 2012 if it ends in October 2011? It’s enough to make a rational person pour a second cup of coffee and take a good book out onto the back porch. Not being a rational person I’ll forego the coffee and smoke a cigar instead.

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2011 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Today is October 22, 2011. I noticed Camping had been remarkably quiet this prediction cycle. Maybe, just maybe, his public humiliation taught him a lesson. Naw. His silence is probably due more to his stroke than nothing he learned. Learning is obviously not one of his strengths. I wish the media had followed up with Camping’s believers.

Signature 

2 of 4