Posted: 15 May 2011 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4161
Joined  2010-08-15

Now here’s an interesting acid test.
Is this barbaric or enlightened?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515/ap_on_he_me/eu_switzerland_assisted_suicide
5/15/11
ZURICH – Voters in the Swiss canton (state) of Zurich have overwhelmingly rejected calls to ban assisted suicide or to outlaw the practice for nonresidents.

Zurich’s cantonal voters overwhelmingly rejected both measures Sunday that had been pushed by political and religious conservatives.

Out of more than 278,000 ballots cast, the initiative to ban assisted suicide was rejected by 85 percent of voters and the initiative to outlaw it for foreigners was turned down by 78 percent, according to Zurich authorities.

Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland, provided the helper doesn’t personally benefit from a patient’s death. About 200 people a year commit suicide in Zurich.

... The Federal Democratic Union and the Evangelical Party had sought the bans,

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 15 May 2011 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2671
Joined  2011-04-24
citizenschallenge.pm - 15 May 2011 09:31 AM

Now here’s an interesting acid test.
Is this barbaric or enlightened?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515/ap_on_he_me/eu_switzerland_assisted_suicide
5/15/11
ZURICH – Voters in the Swiss canton (state) of Zurich have overwhelmingly rejected calls to ban assisted suicide or to outlaw the practice for nonresidents.

Zurich’s cantonal voters overwhelmingly rejected both measures Sunday that had been pushed by political and religious conservatives.

Out of more than 278,000 ballots cast, the initiative to ban assisted suicide was rejected by 85 percent of voters and the initiative to outlaw it for foreigners was turned down by 78 percent, according to Zurich authorities.

Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland, provided the helper doesn’t personally benefit from a patient’s death. About 200 people a year commit suicide in Zurich.

... The Federal Democratic Union and the Evangelical Party had sought the bans,

Its enlightend and beautiful,that should exist in every country!

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 15 May 2011 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Well, it’s a personal freedom I would like to have available to me if and when I am in that position.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)