1 of 2
The Rapture is Nigh!
Posted: 19 May 2011 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

So what will Camping’s excuse be when May 22nd rolls around and he and his myrmidons are still looking up in the sky waiting? 

1.)  “Hold on, minor recalculation.  Ah ha!  The REAL rapture date will be…”
2.)  “God spared us for a few more months/years…”
3.)  “The rapture DID happen, but in a way we mortals don’t understand…”
4.)  Something else.

My bumper sticker for every time this mania comes around:

RaptureProof.jpg

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 19 May 2011 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Apparently, he has socked away over 70 million, willing donated by gullible minions. mad  I do hope the Feds can do something about this. I have little hope for that, since the scam was done under the guise of religion. The media keep referring to him as ‘senile’ which downplays all of the damage he has done to people’s lives. He has convinced idiots to max out their credit cards to pay for bill boards dedicated to his delusion, thinking they will ever have to repay the money (and btw, isn’t this fraud?)..
I fear there will be a rash of suicides on 5/22…

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 May 2011 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-04-24
asanta - 19 May 2011 06:01 PM

Apparently, he has socked away over 70 million, willing donated by gullible minions. mad  I do hope the Feds can do something about this. I have little hope for that, since the scam was done under the guise of religion. The media keep referring to him as ‘senile’ which downplays all of the damage he has done to people’s lives. He has convinced idiots to max out their credit cards to pay for bill boards dedicated to his delusion, thinking they will ever have to repay the money (and btw, isn’t this fraud?)..

I fear there will be a rash of suicides on 5/22…

Camping should be one of them hmmm

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 19 May 2011 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Should be…but fat chance of that! mad  He lives in Alameda, Ca, an very nice Oakland, CA suburb, in a 3br/3ba 2,500 sqft home worth nearly a million dollars (even in this economy). He has made no attempt to sell HIS belongings, or done anything else other than continue to amass millions of dollars donated by dupes. angry

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 May 2011 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

Except for the psychological damage this could do on some people, I really don’t care and I only have one word… Whatever.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 19 May 2011 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  6170
Joined  2009-02-26

I just hope it is not a self-fullfilling ptophecy, where the true believers come out and start killing the non-believers, ala Jim Jones.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 19 May 2011 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02
Write4U - 19 May 2011 11:51 PM

I just hope it is not a self-fullfilling ptophecy, where the true believers come out and start killing the non-believers, ala Jim Jones.

I don’t think that will happen.  They’d be killing someone else’s family member and that just does not set right for many in the Bile Belt.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 May 2011 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Camping has answered my question.  And the answer is Number 1:  The REAL rapture date is now October 21st!

The sad thing is that there will still be people who will follow him and honestly think Oct. 21, 2011 is the end of the world.  downer

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 24 May 2011 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Camping has answered my question.  And the answer is Number 1:  The REAL rapture date is now October 21st!

And no doubt still accepting donations as well. Of course, it never seems to occur to any of the believers to ask why money would be needed when the world is about to end. wink

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 24 May 2011 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 24 May 2011 10:04 AM

And no doubt still accepting donations as well. Of course, it never seems to occur to any of the believers to ask why money would be needed when the world is about to end. wink

For the same reason you need 72 virgins even though you left your penis behind. (That’s why they are virgins!)

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 24 May 2011 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

It seems I read quite a while ago that during one of these supposed apocalypses in the ‘50s or ‘60s a couple of guys infiltrated the groups and convinced many of the young women who were virgins that they wouldn’t ever experience sex after the rapture so they should see what it’s like before then.  Apparently they were quite successful from the many reports of pregnancy a few months later.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 May 2011 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-04-24

The apocolypse is a good motivator for people who cant get laid to try harder,I guess that makes sense.I love how Camping said the apocolypse happened but there was nobody worth saving!The man’s whole existance is a comedy routine.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 30 May 2011 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

When I think of the rapture… I think of a white girl rap about a man from Mars eating cars.

Be prepared, like some grey bloke

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 28 September 2011 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-09-28

Has anyone actually considered exactly what the rapture means? I’m sure everyone here is well aware of the Hallelujah Chorus by handel, but how many of you have actually listened to the words?

what the bible actually says is that a non-human will appear on the clouds of heaven accompanied by all the heavenly hosts, and take over rulership of earth – “and the government will be upon his shoulders” – Isaiah 9:6”  A “host” is a military battalion. When you get past the bible-speak and put it in plain english, it’s describing an invasion. Secondly, why would heaven even have the need for armies to begin with? And for what purpose are they being brought?

And i’m not sure exactly what happens to those who get raptured either. For we know they could each become the star of the old twilight zone episode “to serve man.”

Posted: 28 September 2011 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
rocketman - 28 September 2011 12:58 PM

Has anyone actually considered exactly what the rapture means? I’m sure everyone here is well aware of the Hallelujah Chorus by handel, but how many of you have actually listened to the words?

what the bible actually says is that a non-human will appear on the clouds of heaven accompanied by all the heavenly hosts, and take over rulership of earth – “and the government will be upon his shoulders” – Isaiah 9:6”  A “host” is a military battalion. When you get past the bible-speak and put it in plain english, it’s describing an invasion. Secondly, why would heaven even have the need for armies to begin with? And for what purpose are they being brought?

And i’m not sure exactly what happens to those who get raptured either. For we know they could each become the star of the old twilight zone episode “to serve man.”

It’s supposed to be the end of the rule of man and the beginning of the rule of God. It’s well known that “host” means army. It means the heavenly army of angels. But if you’re suggesting something involving UFOs or extraterrestrials in the modern sense, that is about as anachronistic as it is possible to be with the Bible.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 September 2011 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-09-28

if god created everything, then he created the ETs as well. If that weren’t so, he wouldn’t be god.

depending upon when satan and his full third were cast down, they may have certainly had the time to create all kinds of vehicles and weapons. even after being cast down, jesus states in luke 22:3 that “satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.” Jesus also says in Luke 11:21 “For when a strong man like satan is fully armed and guards his palace, his possessions are safe.” So we know that satan is a liar, is like a strong man and can become impregnable at will.

Can you think of any reason why heaven needs armies? I can’t. Daniel 10:12-14 says “...since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia.”

If an archangel of god isn’t more powerful than a spirit prince of an earthly kingdom, what sort message is that sending us?

i’m more than open to consider contradictory viewpoints, but the bible doesn’t seem to provide any; the details included within the talmud are frightening. events that blow the laws of probability right out of the water and bring us into the realm of quantum physics. The book of revelation says that god has seraphim, the highest order of angel, flying around his head saying “holy, holy, holy.” the problem is that the base of seraphim is seraph which is translated in the old testament many times as a poisonous snake. that troubles me.

It’s not like i don’t believe in god. i’m just not sure that the bible is talking about him. the god that i believe in doesn’t arrive in vehicles, and doesn’t need workers to mine gold. (as were used to describe the annunaki in the ancient sumerian tablets.

1 of 2