2 of 2
The Rapture is Nigh!
Posted: 28 September 2011 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
rocketman - 28 September 2011 02:17 PM

i’m more than open to consider contradictory viewpoints, but the bible doesn’t seem to provide any; the details included within the talmud are frightening. events that blow the laws of probability right out of the water and bring us into the realm of quantum physics.

Huh? It’s a bunch of simple myths, with no relation whatever to ETs or quantum physics. What do you think of Alice in Wonderland, or the Brothers Grimm?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 30 September 2011 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

If you want a list of biblical contradictions, you can start by clicking on http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html

A really outstanding source is http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

The Qu’ran and The Book of Mormon both get their turn in the pillory as well.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 30 September 2011 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26
rocketman - 28 September 2011 02:17 PM

if god created everything, then he created the ETs as well. If that weren’t so, he wouldn’t be god.

depending upon when satan and his full third were cast down, they may have certainly had the time to create all kinds of vehicles and weapons. even after being cast down, jesus states in luke 22:3 that “satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.” Jesus also says in Luke 11:21 “For when a strong man like satan is fully armed and guards his palace, his possessions are safe.” So we know that satan is a liar, is like a strong man and can become impregnable at will.

Can you think of any reason why heaven needs armies? I can’t. Daniel 10:12-14 says “...since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia.”

If an archangel of god isn’t more powerful than a spirit prince of an earthly kingdom, what sort message is that sending us?

i’m more than open to consider contradictory viewpoints, but the bible doesn’t seem to provide any; the details included within the talmud are frightening. events that blow the laws of probability right out of the water and bring us into the realm of quantum physics. The book of revelation says that god has seraphim, the highest order of angel, flying around his head saying “holy, holy, holy.” the problem is that the base of seraphim is seraph which is translated in the old testament many times as a poisonous snake. that troubles me.

It’s not like i don’t believe in god. i’m just not sure that the bible is talking about him. the god that i believe in doesn’t arrive in vehicles, and doesn’t need workers to mine gold. (as were used to describe the annunaki in the ancient sumerian tablets.

So you believe there must be yet another metaphysical causality to reality. Not scientific, not god, not physical, but frightening ????
Don’t we have enough of those already in sci-fi?  Then you infer it must also be intelligent, aware, and have a motive.
Why do you feel that introducing such improbabilities and outright impossibilities sheds any light on anything?  All this from a compilation of notes at a time when science was still in its infancy and men thought that the earth was the center of the universe.

Rocketman, if you believe in intentional causality, what motive would another metaphysical entity possibly have to rule over the earth, which by definition is beyond our event horizon?

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

2 of 2