Norman Jewison’s 50 Years In Film: A True ‘Superstar’
Posted: 22 May 2011 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3789
Joined  2010-08-15

You know when Hollywood movie stuff comes on the radio, I sort of tune out since, it just ain’t where I’m at. 
However, sometimes things reel me into a story. 
Wonderful example today. 
NPR was talking about some director… produced In the Heat of the Night… you know “They call me Mister Tibbs!”... yea, yea, ya know I outta look at that thing again… then “Fiddler On The Roof” came up… we’ll OK great movie, incredible soundtrack… that kinda got my attention… Jesus Christ Superstar… holly twinkies, the most humane portrayal of Jesus’s Passion I’ve ever seen/read/heard - even more incredible a soundtrack than Fiddler On The Roof… OK Petie start paying attention… next they smack me with Moonstruck… come on now that movie, my wife made me watch it against my better instincts, then I wound up rolling in the aisles…

Well I guess I gotta look up and watch ...“And Justice for All” and “A Soldier’s Story”, even if I don’t really do movies anymore. smile

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/22/136497164/norman-jewisons-50-years-in-film-a-true-superstar

May 22, 2011
This week, the Film Society of New York’s Lincoln Center begins a 15-film, six-day retrospective of director Norman Jewison’s work. The series is called “Norman Jewison: Relentless Renegade,” an apt title for a man whose career has spanned more than 50 years and includes such classics as In the Heat of the Night, Fiddler on the Roof and Jesus Christ Superstar.
The Canada native’s body of work has incredible range: He started out directing Tony Curtis and Doris Day comedies before turning to what would become a signature theme: racism and injustice in the United States.
He tells Guy Raz, host of weekends on All Things Considered, that his interest in that issue started with a bus ride in Memphis, Tenn.

Well all I can say is congratulations old man, job.. life well done.

May we enjoy another few original movies directed by your fine old spirit.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?