Religion vs Science (bad science)
Posted: 17 October 2006 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-08-05

I notice a trend of many religious people who either are for ID. or against evolution or wants to prove something with science in their favor… this trend as many might have noticed can be very annoying!

when they are talking about evolution, they always refere to "facts" that are incomplete, and they never understand the principals of Chance/Natural Selection/evo… They try to use examples like "the eye is so complex that it could not just have happend by chance" - and then end with the conclusion that then only a creator could have made it

They often talk about something they claim a scientist has said (often famous or just "many") either with their own words or something they might have said a long time ago… a scientist does not speak for all scientists and they are just people like the rest of us… they dont know everything… they just try to understand the things we know and explain the things we dont… and such…

They use old scientific results that have not been corrected to match what we currently know about "the subject"

If they want to be oblivious about science… they should at least not try to convince others about their "stupidity"

Why…! Why! dont they try to get their facts clear? and why do they feel the need to put their belives on others?...

Posted: 17 October 2006 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-05

Ah yes… was just looking on Winamp where I found a bible study show… (online steaming) (they were talking about evolution)...

The way they interviewed people and such made me angry… they asked them alot of questions and when one guy said well the problem is we dont know (about how it started “in the beginning”) he said “the problem is that in the beginning” and then they cut… and quote the bible… thous ignoring what he was explaining…

anyway… the show is with two apparently populare christian activist figures…

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

They even have a “science” book with quotes that famouse scientists have made.. that they try to use for destroying theories like evolutions and such…

This is proberly one of the sources for most of the “Idiocity” of christians

Posted: 18 October 2006 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  984
Joined  2005-01-14

I think the problem is that they really don’t want to understand Evolution (if they actually understood it, they would come to see that it made sense!)—so they study only those scientists who support ID, and just enough to make their point.  Then when you delve deeper into the subject to try and straighten them out, their eyes glaze over and they go running back to their Way of the Master website!  wink

Posted: 18 October 2006 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-05

They make a good point themselves… Though shall not lie… Isn’t They are the biggest liars themselves… and I bet some of them know it… They do what ever they can to “present to god a perfect (army) or people or whatever when the Rapture comes”... Their god is evil… if you ask me… according to them… you go to hell just for a lie… or if you stolen a piece of gum… or if you ever looked at a girl and thought she was sexy and would like to get together with her…

Their big selling thing is the 10 comm…. they use it in all their shows… they ask people… have you ever lied? have you ever stolen? have you ever used gods name in vain?`have you ever looked at a girl (in a sexual way) .......! then you will go to hell “but jesus died on the cross for you so if you accept him as your” yeah well… its a scareing tactic… convert people with fear!

what do you think?

Posted: 20 October 2006 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  984
Joined  2005-01-14

Oh, yes.  You’re talking about the Are You a Good Person? quiz at the Way of the Master website, right?  I often post at a Christian webite (Planet Wisdom), and that is where I first found out about this quiz.

The idea is that human beings are hideously scaley, sinful monsters, and that if you break any one of the Commandments you are too horrible for God to be anywhere near you (which is why you have to be thrown in the Lake of Fire).  But, if Jesus forgives you, suddenly you’re not so horrible after all!

Posted: 21 October 2006 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  2006-04-07

Even people like Kenneth Miller do not understand that evolution alone without divine help does its job just fine .@ Skeptics Society library , Amiel Rossow takes on Miller for conflating natural selection with teleology. One makes a contradiction in so conflating! See the new thread the two category fallacy.            :idea:  :idea:

Signature 

Fr. Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism.He might be wrong!His cognitive defects might impact his posting. Logic is the bane of theists.‘Religion is mythinformation.“Reason saves, not that fanatic Galilean!
  ’ Life is its own validation and reward and ultimate purpose.”