OrygunGal
Posted: 31 May 2011 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-31

I’m new and trying out the forum.  I recently started attending the Myrtle Beach SC Humanists group.  There I was invited to visit and attend a luncheon discussion group called the Skeptics Forum in North Myrtle Beach SC.  We have been working through discussions on morality coming from science, without the religious overtones.  ORY

Posted: 31 May 2011 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5184
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, Ory.  Look through the humanism and religion forums.  I think you’ll find a fair number of good threads related to just the question of how morality, science, society, and religion are related, and the religious misuse and mis-defining of morality.  You can also find some worthwhile posts in the philoophy section, but you have to look hard because almost everything that starts out there gets warped into a long-winded determinism/free-will topic.

I’m looking forward to your ideas on this subject.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 June 2011 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Ory.  Glad to have you here.  Hope you find interesting material here and feel free to join the conversations.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

‹‹ Epistemics      The New Kid. ››