very cool - I am happy to help out smile

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 07 October 2011 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3253
Joined  2011-08-15

Insightful survey and I would be interested to see your results. It would also be interesting to see the age and demographics from this site. Are we collectively younger, middle aged or older? How did sectionalism effect the survey? I what field are you working for your PHd?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 07 October 2011 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02
UCCResearcher - 02 June 2011 07:08 AM

Hi all,

I made sure to get permission from the administrator Doug Smith to post this thread. There is a serious lack of academic research on atheism and atheist online communities such as this one. To address this gap, I am conducting a study that would benefit greatly from the contribution of you guys. The study consists of an anonymous survey which should take you no longer than 10 minutes. The survey features questions about living as an atheist as well as questions about your participation in this forum.

I would be extremely grateful if you could complete the survey and I will definitely report back when the study is complete to let you guys know the results and conclusions. Additionally, if you have any questions for me, I would be glad to answer.

Here’s the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MYPNTH6

Thanks everyone.

I didn’t know that CFI forum was a atheist online community, is it?

Posted: 07 October 2011 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14
ohio204 - 07 October 2011 09:38 AM

Not strictly, no. But part of CFI is the Council for Secular Humanism, which among other things works to protect the rights of atheists, and publishes a lot from a generally atheist point of view.

Speaking generally, there is a close affiliation between scientific skepticism of the sort CSI fosters and atheism as well. Though they are not the same thing.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 October 2011 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2011-09-02
dougsmith - 07 October 2011 10:04 AM
ohio204 - 07 October 2011 09:38 AM

Not strictly, no. But part of CFI is the Council for Secular Humanism, which among other things works to protect the rights of atheists, and publishes a lot from a generally atheist point of view.

Speaking generally, there is a close affiliation between scientific skepticism of the sort CSI fosters and atheism as well. Though they are not the same thing.

thank you dougsmith for the response and I appreciate the information.

Posted: 07 October 2011 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

As I expected from the puerile nature of the questionnaire, the “researcher” logged on, got his information, then left.  Note that he hasn’t been back since June 4th after just two posts.  I doubt that we’ll ever see any results.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

2 of 2