Profile Info
Posted: 22 June 2011 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-06-12

I’m relatively new here, which means I’ve only recently filled out my profile.  I have to say I giggled when I saw ICQ and AIM but no Twitter or Facebook.  I’m sure that’s just a reflection of when this forums package was implemented, but it does make CFI look very 1998.

Posted: 22 June 2011 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

I have to say I completely agree. The whole website is very overdue for an upgrade, which is a saga in itself ... 

zipper

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 22 June 2011 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

The whole website is very overdue for an upgrade, which is a saga in itself ... 

Maybe, maybe not so much. What I like about this particular skin and format is that it’s easy to use. It’s well to get up to date, but by the same token, there’s a wisdom in not overthinking the problem.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 23 June 2011 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 22 June 2011 07:30 PM

The whole website is very overdue for an upgrade, which is a saga in itself ... 

Maybe, maybe not so much. What I like about this particular skin and format is that it’s easy to use. It’s well to get up to date, but by the same token, there’s a wisdom in not overthinking the problem.

Ease of use is very important, but there’s a mass of functionality that we should have and don’t. That’s both on the front end and the back end, FWIW.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos