1 of 2
What’cha think about Michele Bachmann becoming a Republican front runner?
Posted: 26 June 2011 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3796
Joined  2010-08-15

Bachmann Gratified By Iowa Poll On Eve Of Campaign
by The Associated Press
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I don’t know much about Michele Bachmann, but what I’ve heard paints a sad imagine. 
It seems to me she has the intellectual-depth of a rabid evangelical… and knowledge-base of a know-nothing.
Well, except for her particular Biblical driven social/political views.
But, like I say I know very little about her.

Has she accomplished anything of note in her life/career… well except for becoming a political celebrity?

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 26 June 2011 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2587
Joined  2011-04-24

It’s not that great for them if she’s in front.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 26 June 2011 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
mid atlantic - 26 June 2011 06:58 PM

It’s not that great for them if she’s in front.

But it sure is great for the Dems.  cheese

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 26 June 2011 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

*shudder* cower under the table! Must make damn sure I and everyone I know votes. sick

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 29 June 2011 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2010-02-20

I hope she wins the nomination, she’s a ditz on a good day and a hypocrite and a liar the rest of the time.
Obama’s sure to beat her head-to-head even with a suckie economy and multiple wars.

Signature 

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane.”

Feuerbach

Posted: 01 July 2011 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2008-09-10

I was astonished to learn she is a lawyer.  Then, I learned where she went to law school.  Then, I learned she was a lawyer for the IRS.

[ Edited: 01 July 2011 09:11 AM by ciceronianus ]
 Signature 

“Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain.” 
—F. Schiller

http://theblogofciceronianus.blogspot.com

Posted: 01 July 2011 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4618
Joined  2007-10-05

Read Bachmann’s Holy War at Rolling Stone and be afraid, be very afraid.

Do not underestimate this woman. Despite accomplishing nothing in politics she has knocked off some strong opponents by playing on people’s religious fears. She probably buys into the whole god thing, which makes her particularly effective with the non-thinking religious types who turn out in droves to vote for the person they believe god has chosen to lead our country into their vision of a god-fearing land. That makes Bachmann especially dangerous. Her vision of a perfect country is a theocracy led by religious zealots.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 01 July 2011 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 01 July 2011 12:55 PM

She probably buys into the whole god thing, which makes her particularly effective with the non-thinking religious types who turn out in droves to vote for the person they believe god has chosen to lead our country into their vision of a god-fearing land. That makes Bachmann especially dangerous. Her vision of a perfect country is a theocracy led by religious zealots.

Right… while the grooves go on being groovy and just can’t muster up the concern to own the situation and create a real opposition to this insanity of the right wing.

First they came for the communists,
  and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
  and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
  and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for me
  and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2011 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26
ciceronianus - 01 July 2011 09:08 AM

I was astonished to learn she is a lawyer.  Then, I learned where she went to law school.  Then, I learned she was a lawyer for the IRS.

I used to be amused at her recollections of history, but now I am afraid, very afraid.  Our election system is rapidly becoming an exercise in insanity. and “anything” is possible, when there is enough money floating around.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 02 July 2011 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

I think there’s a good chance that the Republican presidential candidate will be Mitt Romney and his running mate will be Michelle Bachmann.  If that happens and he wins then something happens to him, can you imagine the kind of Supreme Court Justice she would pick?  big surprise vampire

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 02 July 2011 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26

Edited for etiquette.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 02 July 2011 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Write4U - 01 July 2011 10:31 PM
ciceronianus - 01 July 2011 09:08 AM

I used to be amused at her recollections of history, but now I am afraid, very afraid.  Our election system is rapidly becoming an exercise in insanity. and “anything” is possible, when there is enough money floating around.

She may put her head out so she falls faster than Sarah Palin. She is prone to gross exaggeration, an it is beginning to come back to bite her!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 July 2011 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

I found this pretty funny.  Apparently, she thinks a 2011 dollar should be worth the same as a 1911 dollar.

The shorthand way of describing to you what quantitative easing is is a license to print money without any value behind it…In the last two years of the Obama administration, if you pull a dollar out of your pocket, you have lost 14 percent of the value of that dollar. That means the federal government has stolen that money from you… They’ve been printing essentially valueless money and flooding it into the money supply. I don’t stand for that. A dollar in 2011 should be the same as a dollar in 1911. A dollar should be worth a dollar.

Ha ha!  Economics fail.

EDIT
Fixed an error.

[ Edited: 13 July 2011 10:15 AM by Dead Monky ]
 Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 08 July 2011 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

I stumbled on this through Bachmann.  I was curious what this gal had to say about Bachmann’s presidential bid.

And you know listening to her 3.5 minute news report:
Palin, Bachmann, Romney, Santorum: Meet the Latest Insanity Quorum: July 1, 2011
{PS Happy 56th folks cool smirk }

IronicNewsReport
~ ~ ~

well . . .
well friends, I know some of youz old guys/gals watched “The Monkees” back in the day. . . 
remember Davy Jones, every week, well ya know . . .  well yea, she’s flung me…  tongue rolleye

I’m downloading her next news cast as I write this. 
My sheltered self hadn’t hear of Julianna Forlano* before, but I got the feeling she’s going to be fun to catch up on, she’s a hoot.  I hope Sarah Silverman don’t mind too much.
*hey she’s a Chicagoan too
There was a great line in some old movie - “In the cathedral of my heart there will always burn a candle for you my dear.”
cheese

In any events, her Bachmann comments are good.

Signature 

Posted: 09 July 2011 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
citizenschallenge.pm - 08 July 2011 11:15 PM

I stumbled on this through Bachmann.  I was curious what this gal had to say about Bachmann’s presidential bid.

And you know listening to her 3.5 minute news report:
Palin, Bachmann, Romney, Santorum: Meet the Latest Insanity Quorum: July 1, 2011
{PS Happy 56th folks cool smirk }

IronicNewsReport
~ ~ ~

well . . .
well friends, I know some of youz old guys/gals watched “The Monkees” back in the day. . . 
remember Davy Jones, every week, well ya know . . .  well yea, she’s flung me…  tongue rolleye

I’m downloading her next news cast as I write this. 
My sheltered self hadn’t hear of Julianna Forlano* before, but I got the feeling she’s going to be fun to catch up on, she’s a hoot.  I hope Sarah Silverman don’t mind too much.
*hey she’s a Chicagoan too
There was a great line in some old movie - “In the cathedral of my heart there will always burn a candle for you my dear.”
cheese

In any events, her Bachmann comments are good.

Hey! That’s the same link I used in the thread about DM. I thought she would be his perfect mate.  cheese

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 14 July 2011 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Michele Bachmann’s husband is a psychologist.  His clinic is doing anti-gay conversions, I hear.

Bachmann Associates Incorporated

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

1 of 2