Flotilla: Audacity of hope sails for Gaza
Posted: 28 June 2011 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

“Dear Mr. Obama:

“We are writing to inform you that 50 unarmed Americans will soon be sailing in a U.S. flagged ship called The Audacity of Hope as part of an international flotilla to Gaza.

“Our peaceful demonstration will challenge Israel’s blockade of Gaza, which has effectively imprisoned 1.6 million civilians, almost half of whom are under the age of 16. The blockade has impoverished the people of Gaza, deprived them of needed materials and supplies to rebuild their lives after the Israeli attack of late 2008 – early 2009, impeded those who are ill or infirm from seeking outside medical aid, and prevented students from seeking education outside of Gaza. 45% of the working age population is unemployed.”

The audacity of hope

What do you think humanists?

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 29 June 2011 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2587
Joined  2011-04-24

Some people will do anything for attention!

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 29 June 2011 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
jump_in_the_pit - 28 June 2011 07:13 PM

“Dear Mr. Obama:

“We are writing to inform you that 50 unarmed Americans will soon be sailing in a U.S. flagged ship called The Audacity of Hope as part of an international flotilla to Gaza.

“Our peaceful demonstration will challenge Israel’s blockade of Gaza, which has effectively imprisoned 1.6 million civilians, almost half of whom are under the age of 16. The blockade has impoverished the people of Gaza, deprived them of needed materials and supplies to rebuild their lives after the Israeli attack of late 2008 – early 2009, impeded those who are ill or infirm from seeking outside medical aid, and prevented students from seeking education outside of Gaza. 45% of the working age population is unemployed.”

The audacity of hope

What do you think humanists?

I think while the actually change will have to come from within Israel, whatever triggers that change will likely be an external event. No one knows exactly what that trigger may be. However these people are hopeful it will be their actions or at least it’ll be a part of it.

They and everyone else are ignorant of any actual affect they will have. Whatever does happen, they will get the credit or blame for. Isn’t ignorance grand?

So, I take an action out of ignorance believing something good will result. If something good happens then the action I took in complete ignorance is seen as justified. Even though there was never any real justification for my actions.

So there is no justifications for their actions except the belief something good will result.

I could pray and assume the same credit or blame I suppose. Let’s all pray for the safety of these folks.

Posted: 29 June 2011 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4616
Joined  2007-10-05

Gnostikosis, serious question here: Is English your first language?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 29 June 2011 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-04-24

What if the Palestinians attack them,or Syrians?These people sound a bit out of it.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2011 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

They didn’t get very far. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14004758

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 03 July 2011 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 03 July 2011 10:28 AM

They didn’t get very far. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14004758

It figures something like that would happen; they were just trying to help.  tongue rolleye EOC, I know your a retired navy man,what do you think will happen to them?

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2011 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

EOC, I know your a retired navy man,what do you think will happen to them?

Your guess is as good as mine, but as tough as the Greeks can be about this sort of thing, you can bet he’s going to be making some new…errrrrr….“friends” in jail!

I wouldn’t bet anything on the media paying much more attention to this unless he gets a lawyer who’s a first class media whore.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 03 July 2011 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 03 July 2011 09:56 PM

EOC, I know your a retired navy man,what do you think will happen to them?

Your guess is as good as mine, but as tough as the Greeks can be about this sort of thing, you can bet he’s going to be making some new…errrrrr….“friends” in jail!

I wouldn’t bet anything on the media paying much more attention to this unless he gets a lawyer who’s a first class media whore.

You’re probably right about the media.“Midnight Express” in Greece insted of Turkey. shut eye

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2011 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Keep an eye on whatever outlet covers the maritime and shipping news. If any media group is going to be paying any kind of close attention to this, them’s the guys.

The rest won’t give a toss.

Signature