1 of 3
Opinions about Google+?
Posted: 10 July 2011 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-07-09

Just curious if any of you have had a chance to play around with Google+ yet.  If so, what do you think?

I just got my Google+ account today and I’m still playing around with it.  So far, it seems like G+ has come out strong and has a lot more potential.

Signature 

http://briancrisan.wordpress.com

Posted: 10 July 2011 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Dr. Bobo - 10 July 2011 01:01 AM

Just curious if any of you have had a chance to play around with Google+ yet.  If so, what do you think?

I just got my Google+ account today and I’m still playing around with it.  So far, it seems like G+ has come out strong and has a lot more potential.

How did you get an account???

Edit to add: It looks like an evolution of FB. I really like their new concepts - circles, huddles, sparks, ...

[ Edited: 10 July 2011 03:15 PM by traveler ]
 Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 10 July 2011 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3793
Joined  2010-08-15

OK, guys back up here.

What is
Google+

and what is FB?

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 11 July 2011 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14
citizenschallenge.pm - 10 July 2011 09:04 PM

OK, guys back up here.

What is
Google+

and what is FB?

FB = Facebook

Google+ = Google’s attempt to make their own social media website to compete with Facebook

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 11 July 2011 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3793
Joined  2010-08-15

OK so I’ve gone over and looked at the Google+ intro-page.  Although not sure I learned much… guess I’ll sit back and see what happens with it. 
As for FaceBook, I started an account, but something about the thing is creepy, so I’ve rarely used it.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 11 July 2011 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

FB has about 750 million users, so that’s a serious number of people to advertise to. I always like competition, so even if Google+ fails, it has already gotten FB to look at improvements. If anyone is interested in what’s going on, the following link has a review AND there are two more good review links at the bottom of that article. LINK

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2011 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-07-09

G+ is still in limited release, so it sounds like you guys haven’t gotten invites yet.  I just got my invite a couple days ago.

Signature 

http://briancrisan.wordpress.com

Posted: 11 July 2011 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Dr. Bobo - 11 July 2011 07:11 AM

G+ is still in limited release, so it sounds like you guys haven’t gotten invites yet.  I just got my invite a couple days ago.

You must have a gmail account.  smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2011 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Lots of my friends have signed up, but barely used it so far. G+ is supposed to address the privacy issues that FB has. But I never really had much problem with it in the first place. Circles seem useful though. And web cam hangouts would be cool if I had a working webcam…

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 11 July 2011 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  5166
Joined  2010-06-16

I was persuaded to sign up for FaceBook, so they hacked my address list (Which I had never bothered cleaning out) and suddenly, I found that many, many people I didn’t even remember were signing on as my friend, and others from their lists were asking to friend me.  I immediately deleted my account.

Now, I’m getting an invitation from I guy I hardly know who wants me to join him on Google+.  I’ve been ignoring him, but I get reminders every thrid day. There’s no way to block the e-mails so I’m stuck—oh, wait, I’ll call it what it is—spam, and block it that way.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 July 2011 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2010-01-03

Looks like the plot next to Friendster and MySpace is about to get filled.  This is nuts!

Signature 

I live in a world of lighthouses. However, my friends are living in sunny tranquility.

Posted: 19 July 2011 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

According to some people, all this social networking is bad for us.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 19 July 2011 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  7503
Joined  2007-03-02

I don’t think much of Google + .  It hasn’t actually caught my attention and kept it.

Then again, I don’t use FB to socialize.  I don’t chat on FB.  I play a few games and that’s pretty much it.  Most people ask me to befriend them.  I’ve asked a few, but the majority ask me.  I mostly talk to those I actually know in RL on FB.  I post a few things that are of interest to me and that’s pretty much it.  I can go to FB and talk to no one on any given day.

[ Edited: 19 July 2011 10:52 AM by Mriana ]
 Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 19 July 2011 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17
Mriana - 19 July 2011 10:47 AM

<snip>
Then again, I don’t use FB to socialize.  I don’t chat on FB.  I play a few games and that’s pretty much it.  Most people ask me to befriend them.  I’ve asked a few, but the majority ask me.  I mostly talk to those I actually know in RL on FB.  I post a few things that are of interest to me and that’s pretty much it.  I can go to FB and talk to no one on any given day.

I think I only have 2 or 3 ‘friends’ on FB that I’ve never met in person. Mostly it’s been a great tool for reconnecting with old friends. In fact this past weekend we hosted a barbecue and I saw people I haven’t seen in years. One buddy I hadn’t seen in 20 years! It was assume, was it ‘because’ of FB, no. But the ease at connecting with those folks, sure made it a lot easier.

On topic: I haven’t tried it. I see little reason to join yet another social network which sucks my time.  tongue laugh

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 19 July 2011 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

One of my sons is active on Google+, he sent me an invite. I do like how the ‘circles’ etc are arranged, and that it is easier to separate the disparate, and sometimes conflicting areas of your life and likes. I love FB, I am able to keep track of cousins all over the country and continue genealogy research, but have to be careful of what I post, the are all fundie theists.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 July 2011 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1995
Joined  2008-09-18

I just joined up and so I’ll Google is Great! be checking out the feature set Google is Wonderful! to see if it really is worthwhile. Google is spectacular! I’ve heard rumors about intrusive behavior Google rules! but so far nothing seems out of the ordinary You must love Google!

1 of 3