2 of 3
Opinions about Google+?
Posted: 20 July 2011 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3057
Joined  2010-04-26

Link

After being rejected by Google+ and with their vaginas packed full of sand, Anonymous has decided to create its own social network.

Google’s new social networking program, Google+, is picky about who gets in right now, especially as it’s being rolled out. And among the more prominent recent rejectees is Anonymous, the group responsible for several government and business website hacks in recent weeks. Now, Anonymous says it is starting its own social networking site.

Everybody’s making one of these things nowadays.  Who will be next?  Furries?  Clowns?  Pedobear?  Stay tuned and find out!

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 20 July 2011 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Hm…how do I find someone on an anonymous social networking site?  LOL

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 28 July 2011 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15
Chris Crawford - 19 July 2011 08:16 PM

I just joined up and so I’ll Google is Great! be checking out the feature set Google is Wonderful! to see if it really is worthwhile. Google is spectacular! I’ve heard rumors about intrusive behavior Google rules! but so far nothing seems out of the ordinary You must love Google!

LOL

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 03 August 2011 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-08-02

Hello Everybody,
                My opinion is that Google+ is brand new Release and also required much time then we are comparison with Face book,
Despite various failed attempts in the past, Google is taking another stab at creating a social platform to rival Face book.Google+ is really amazing social networking platform that’s set to rival Face book.

Posted: 03 August 2011 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I’ve been playing around with Google+ for a few days. I really like it. I think FB is going to have to scramble. FB is doing everything it can to eliminate any privacy, while you can maintain privacy with Google+, I really like that concept.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 05 August 2011 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

The difference between Google+, FaceBook, and MySpace:

googleplus-facebook-myspace.jpg

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 04 October 2011 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2011-10-03

I’ve been on Google+ since July ‘11.  I love it.  There are a lot of atheists there (over 1,000 in my circles), and it’s a very atheist-friendly community.

Add me if you are there already:  https://plus.google.com/111028613407522646219/posts

Signature 

“I am neither a Christian, nor an atheist, I’m not Jewish or Muslim … my religion is written on a piece of parchment called the Constitution”

Posted: 04 October 2011 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2011-10-03
domokato - 20 July 2011 10:13 AM

It’s not anonymous.  Google insists on people using their real names and bans people who use fake names.

Signature 

“I am neither a Christian, nor an atheist, I’m not Jewish or Muslim … my religion is written on a piece of parchment called the Constitution”

Posted: 04 October 2011 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
adamrsweet - 04 October 2011 06:25 AM
domokato - 20 July 2011 10:13 AM

It’s not anonymous.  Google insists on people using their real names and bans people who use fake names.

Loved the President’s Speech!! And it is nice to see what people here look like. I wonder if we would treat each other differently if we all had our real faces as our avatars…

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 04 October 2011 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
traveler - 04 October 2011 07:43 AM

I wonder if we would treat each other differently if we all had our real faces as our avatars…

Probably not. According to Daniel Hamermesh in his new book Beauty Pays, attractive people are more successful than the less fortunate ones. He may be right, but where I believe he is wrong is when he speculates that people get better treatment from others because they are attractive. It is obviously very possible that attractive people are on average also smarter, happier, healthier, etc.

I really doubt your comments would make me think more or that I would find your jokes to be more witty if I knew you looked like George Clooney.

Posted: 04 October 2011 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 04 October 2011 08:42 AM

I really doubt your comments would make me think more or that I would find your jokes to be more witty if I knew you looked like George Clooney.

And if I look like Chris Rock, Boy George, or Angela Lansbury???  smile

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2011 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
traveler - 04 October 2011 09:04 AM
George - 04 October 2011 08:42 AM

And if I look like Chris Rock, Boy George, or Angela Lansbury???  smile

LOL

Same thing, even if you were a combination of all the three of them.  grin

Posted: 04 October 2011 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

OTOH, Perry and Romney are probably the front runners because they are attractive. But since all the candidates sound pretty much the same, it makes sense that people would pay a closer attention to their physical appearance. Or maybe, again, we know—perhaps without being consciously aware of it—that people who are attractive are on average more successful and we perceive Perry’s and Romney’s good looks as some kind of an indicator of their overall potential. I guess it can go either way.

Posted: 04 October 2011 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

The same is true of Palin and Bachmann.

But my thoughts were somewhat different from the treatment of people by looks. I was thinking that a ‘concrete’ face (beautiful, or ugly like mine) in the place of an avatar might make a difference in how we treat each other. It’s just a thought. I’m not sure whether it would make things better, worse, or no different.

I know that, for example, I would neither provide an insult toward nor expect an insult from GaryTheHuman because I have met him, and like him. (Yes, even though he smokes, George)  LOL

Of course, if he were to turn around and write that I am the dumbest thing since chalk, then it would probably hurt worse.  tongue rolleye

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2011 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Hmm, I don’t know. I have seen photos of some people here and I don’t think I treat them differently now than I used to before I knew what they looked like.

2 of 3