Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 17 July 2011 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24
traveler - 17 July 2011 02:43 PM

If you still believe a penis cannot be a powerful weapon, READ HERE

It’s the men, not the penis. I’m skeptical of this article somewhat, male on male rape during war time is a real occurance, but not to the extent that this article suggests.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 18 July 2011 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
mid atlantic - 17 July 2011 06:13 PM

It’s the men, not the penis. I’m skeptical of this article somewhat, male on male rape during war time is a real occurance, but not to the extent that this article suggests.

And you know this, how?

BTW, it is the penis.  tongue wink

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2011 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
traveler - 18 July 2011 05:11 AM
mid atlantic - 17 July 2011 06:13 PM

And you know this, how?

BTW, it is the penis.  tongue wink

The Guardian is untrustworthy.

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2011 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

If you say so. Then try these…

NYT
Salon
Other

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2011 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
traveler - 18 July 2011 05:34 AM

NYT
Salon
Other

I’m not sure that those rags are much different than Guardian; I am aware of it happening, but I don’t think it’s happening in 70-80% of men.

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2011 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
mid atlantic - 18 July 2011 06:39 AM
traveler - 18 July 2011 05:34 AM

NYT
Salon
Other

I’m not sure that those rags are much different than Guardian; I am aware of it happening, but I don’t think it’s happening in 70-80% of men.

You seem not to trust any media (and I don’t blame you), but The Guardian quoted several sources’ statistics - from JAMA’s 22% to a Sarajevo concentration camp study that showed 80%. You cherry-picked the high numbers. The Guardian seemed to be fairer than you.  smile So let’s say it’s 22%, and agree that the number is much higher against women. The penis as a weapon in wartime cannot be denied.

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

Reducing the issue down to a penis is pure sexism.

Men are human, not walking talking penises.  Men a good, normal, and healthy minded.  Rapists are crazed psychotic criminals, they are not normal men, not normal humans, they are (I expect, and have certainly never met one who I was aware of) plotting psychotics.

Rape is a violent, and horrible crime, and an assault, and a war crime.  But as assaults go, how much damage can an erection do?  If there is a beating then the beating does the majority of the damage, if there is a disease passed then the disease is a living creature and has some responsibility for an infection but the rapist has more, if there is a gun shot or stab wound then those weapons caused the physical damage.  The psychological trauma from a rape is the main damage that I’ve seen in a rape victim, and that psychological trauma can happen to any victim of an assault, rape isn’t distinct in that way. 

Recovery from the psychological trauma is difficult, but it is possible, take the reporter Lara Logan as a famous example.  I sympathize with all victims of assault equally without prejudice against any men suffering from psychological trauma, nor against any non-rape victims, nor against any rape victims.  downer

But reducing men, or criminals, down to a penis is purely sexist!  Please people don’t buy into that dirty tactic.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

EDIT
Never mind.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 18 July 2011 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
jump_in_the_pit - 18 July 2011 01:14 PM

Reducing the issue down to a penis is pure sexism.

Men are human, not walking talking penises.  Men a good, normal, and healthy minded.  Rapists are crazed psychotic criminals, they are not normal men, not normal humans, they are (I expect, and have certainly never met one who I was aware of) plotting psychotics.

Rape is a violent, and horrible crime, and an assault, and a war crime.  But as assaults go, how much damage can an erection do?  If there is a beating then the beating does the majority of the damage, if there is a disease passed then the disease is a living creature and has some responsibility for an infection but the rapist has more, if there is a gun shot or stab wound then those weapons caused the physical damage.  The psychological trauma from a rape is the main damage that I’ve seen in a rape victim, and that psychological trauma can happen to any victim of an assault, rape isn’t distinct in that way. 

Recovery from the psychological trauma is difficult, but it is possible, take the reporter Lara Logan as a famous example.  I sympathize with all victims of assault equally without prejudice against any men suffering from psychological trauma, nor against any non-rape victims, nor against any rape victims.  downer

But reducing men, or criminals, down to a penis is purely sexist!  Please people don’t buy into that dirty tactic.

What? Axegrrl wrote in posts 7, 8, and 9 that a penis can be used as a weapon. I agree with her. Nobody has reduced men to a penis any more than a court reduces a murderer to a gun. But it is the weapon of choice of rapists. And sure, they are all the things you wrote JITP.

Edit to add: And if you think a penis can’t do much damage, you know little of rape.

[ Edited: 18 July 2011 01:55 PM by traveler ]
 Signature 

2 of 2