1 of 2
What’s a million dollar bathroom worth?
Posted: 15 July 2011 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3985
Joined  2010-08-15

Just a conversation starter here. . . . . . .
. . .
. . .
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dr. Yoshiro Nakamats, who alone is worth millions and along with an envious glance ... see the wiki page.

Actually cursory web surfing reveals a character who gets shadier with every turn.

“He has a million dollar bathroom? He’s doing something right…”

What is a million dollar bathroom worth?

What does a million dollar bathroom project?

Would you want a million dollar bathroom?

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 15 July 2011 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2631
Joined  2011-04-24

I guess a million dollar bathroom would have gold or platinum fixtures, the most expensive tile, mold and mildew proof grout, maybe some fountains? Even though you could probably get all that stuff for less than $1 million. If I had that much money, I wouldn’t spend it on a bathroom however narcissistic I was.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 16 July 2011 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7661
Joined  2008-04-11

Why on earth would anyone spend a million dollars on a room you spend maybe an hour a day in? Methinks he is compensating for some shortcoming…. tongue laugh

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 16 July 2011 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2006-02-14

“A million dollars” according to whom? I don’t think Dr. NakaMats is necessarily the most credible source ...  LOL

That said, it appears to be all gold, with gold fixtures, gold walls, floor, ceiling, gold toilet, etc. If it were solid gold it’d probably cost well over a million, but most likely it’s all paint.

Fuuuugly as well.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 16 July 2011 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
dougsmith - 16 July 2011 05:17 AM

“A million dollars” according to whom? I don’t think Dr. NakaMats is necessarily the most credible source ...  LOL

That said, it appears to be all gold, with gold fixtures, gold walls, floor, ceiling, gold toilet, etc. If it were solid gold it’d probably cost well over a million, but most likely it’s all paint.

Fuuuugly as well.

Yeah, I mentioned this on the IgNobel thread. The wiki says it is a statement that is on the good doctor’s web page so who knows - he’s a bit la-la.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 16 July 2011 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2010-09-07

Crass materialism, that’s what a million $ bathroom is.

Only goes to show what an insatiable quality of mind the possessive impulse in man is. Am sure there’d be some billionaire out there trying to outdo him, and so will it continue until time comes for them to finally settle for another planet so that we the meek shall inherit the earth and all that would be left of it (miasma).

Just look at all the poverty!

Signature 

If you see God, tell Him I’m looking for Him.

Posted: 16 July 2011 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2010-09-07

Crass materialism, that’s what a million $ bathroom is.

Only goes to show what an insatiable quality the possessive impulse in man is. Am sure there’d be some billionaire out there trying to outdo him, and so will it continue until time comes for them to finally leave for another planet so that we the meek shall inherit the earth and all that would be left of it (miasma).

Just look at all the poverty!

Signature 

If you see God, tell Him I’m looking for Him.

Posted: 16 July 2011 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Way back in the early seventies I visited the Hearst’s San Simeon Castle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearst_Castle

I remember the irony of solid gold plumbing fixtures attached to lead pipes sticking inches out of the wall. . .  ugly

{Like going through the trouble of making hoity-toity Toast Folds out of napkins to present the morning toast in and then not bothering to warm up the napkins.}

Presentation and love of the slight of hand delusion.

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2011 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

It probably has multiple shower heads, I guess that some people are just dirtier than most people.

... levitates you up on a cushion of air so that you don’t have to touch the toilet, well aiming for the toilet gets difficult then but who cares because you don’t have to touch the toilet!

... a fully networked computerized controls, this bathroom is something I have just GOT to tweet about!  smile

... a whirlpool tub, so you have to wonder is it a tub or is it a toilet, and what is the difference really?

... a bidet, after all what’s a bathroom without a pony ride?

... a hand and body detergent dispensers built into the walls, what do we need bar soap for anymore?

... automatic squeegy on the full body mirror, because you just look so damn good you just have-to look!

... a full body hot air dryer, because it gives my hair that full bodied wind swept look.  grin

... fully equipt hair and nail studio with a staff of twenty, because it would just be disrespectful to his public if he when outside any less prepared.

... a tree and flower vaulted atrium, because there’s nothing quite like fresh fragrances.  smile

... a library.

... a concert hall.

... a silver screen and projector.

... parking for twelve.

... a IT staff of five, with a 99.9% uptime.

... a tailor staff of ten, including designer Tom Wood.

Ha ha ha!  LOL

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 16 July 2011 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
jump_in_the_pit - 16 July 2011 09:39 AM

... levitates you up on a cushion of air so that you don’t have to touch the toilet, well aiming for the toilet gets difficult then but who cares because you don’t have to touch the toilet!

OK, I’m no engineer, but do I really want to pee, or worse, into an object that is levitating me on a cushion of air   shock

ahh….  talk about the Woo of Fractals… just another example of overlooking the blowback effect.
smile

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2011 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Dr NakaMats is great.  He’s freaking crazy and the stuff he writes is funny as hell.  I loves that crooked, crazy bastard.

Anyway, a million dollar pooper huh?  Well, maybe he hired the best Feng Shui guy around to decorate it because he really focuses a lot of his chi there.  (A dollar to whoever gets that reference.)

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 18 July 2011 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  5489
Joined  2010-06-16

Geez, D.M., does that mean one has to defecate in the correct direction or suffer future emotional pain?  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 July 2011 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29
asanta - 16 July 2011 01:51 AM

Why on earth would anyone spend a million dollars on a room you spend maybe an hour a day in?

I guess for the same reason why you would spend ten thousand dollars on yours. I guess a million-dollar bathroom to me is what a ten-thousand-dollar bathroom would be to a person from, say, the Dominican Republic. Prestige is expensive.

Posted: 18 July 2011 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26
Occam. - 18 July 2011 11:13 AM

Geez, D.M., does that mean one has to defecate in the correct direction or suffer future emotional pain?  smile

Occam

Nah.  I think he just has to make all his business upper deckers.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 18 July 2011 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2010-01-03

I would still use it over squatting over a hole in the ground.  I might purposely not aim as well but hey I’m sure there are people to clean it up.

Signature 

I live in a world of lighthouses. However, my friends are living in sunny tranquility.

Posted: 06 August 2011 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  2374
Joined  2007-07-05

Is there plutonium in the H2O?

Plutonium is expensive.  LOL

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

1 of 2