1 of 2
What Is God’s Excuse This Time?
Posted: 21 July 2011 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2579
Joined  2011-04-24

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/07/only-half-americans-approve-gods-job-performance/40268/  “God, could you step into my office please, I think you have to reconsider if you want to keep this job” It’s time for God to get the sack.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 22 July 2011 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2274
Joined  2007-07-05
mid atlantic - 21 July 2011 10:27 PM

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/07/only-half-americans-approve-gods-job-performance/40268/  “God, could you step into my office please, I think you have to reconsider if you want to keep this job” It’s time for God to get the sack.

71% approval on creation of the universe?

We have got to find that 29% and get them to explain what is wrong with the universe and how it should be changed to fix it.

How much of the universe have they visited?

Maybe God didn’t make most humans smart enough.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 22 July 2011 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4615
Joined  2007-10-05

Actually, I think a 71 percent approval rate is quite high. Think of all the waste after the moment of creation. Matter and anti-matter annihilating each other. Several hundred thousand years go by before the universe cools enough for atoms to form. One or two billion years before the first complex life appears. And we are stuck with a universe where we might as well be alone, given the incredibly long odds against us contacting another intelligent civilization. I think the 29 percenters have it right.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 22 July 2011 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

No kidding.  God kind of dropped the ball.  He should have looked to the Japanese and made it smaller and more efficient.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 23 July 2011 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2009-10-17

. . . and this habitat created as a home to human life?  It’s mostly hot magma, with a thin crust with tectonic plates that move around now and then.  That is not safe!  I call the Negligent Design.

Signature 

I Don’t Want My Country Back, I Want My Country Forward

Posted: 24 July 2011 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26
Tradition Of Progress - 23 July 2011 12:49 PM

. . . and this habitat created as a home to human life?  It’s mostly hot magma, with a thin crust with tectonic plates that move around now and then.  That is not safe!  I call the Negligent Design.

That’s the problem with trying to do something on your own without knowledge of physics. God should have brought in a few scientists to advise him before he started on such a major project.

[ Edited: 24 July 2011 11:50 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 24 July 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4615
Joined  2007-10-05
Write4U - 24 July 2011 11:47 AM

That’s the problem with trying to do something on your own without knowledge of physics. God should have brought in a few scientists to advise him before he started on such a major project.

Hiring some engineering consultants would be a good move too. Look how god designed us humans. No self-respecting engineer would run a waste disposal system through a recreation area.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 24 July 2011 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
DarronS - 24 July 2011 05:34 PM
Write4U - 24 July 2011 11:47 AM

Hiring some engineering consultants would be a good move too. Look how god designed us humans. No self-respecting engineer would run a waste disposal system through a recreation area.

Well….. some people find the waste disposal system recreational! LOL

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2011 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26
mid atlantic - 24 July 2011 05:58 PM

Germans? LOL

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 27 July 2011 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Dead Monky - 27 July 2011 09:16 AM
mid atlantic - 24 July 2011 05:58 PM

Germans? LOL

LOL  Well yeah them, and many others!

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2011 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2011-08-05

You are asking impossible; God is not a material thing, like you, or your office.

Ludwik Kowalski

Signature 

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia), a retired nuclear physicist from New Jersey, USA. A am also the author of a FREE ONLINE book: “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

It is an autobiography based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).

Posted: 07 August 2011 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  5165
Joined  2010-06-16

Ludwik, I believe Mid Atlantic was making a joke that was not meant to be taken seriously.

{I swear, as much as I try to avoid prejudicial discrimination, after a long life-time of working with physicists and other chemists I have to conclude that the chemists have far superior senses of humor.  LOL }

Occam

[ Edited: 07 August 2011 06:44 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 August 2011 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
psikeyhackr - 22 July 2011 09:07 AM

71% approval on creation of the universe?

We have got to find that 29% and get them to explain what is wrong with the universe and how it should be changed to fix it.

How much of the universe have they visited?

Maybe God didn’t make most humans smart enough.

psik

First rule of management, always train a person to take over when you are absent.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 07 August 2011 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Occam. - 07 August 2011 06:40 PM

Ludwik, I believe Mid Atlantic was making a joke that was not meant to be taken seriously.

{I swear, as much as I try to avoid prejudicial discrimination, after a long life-time of working with physicists and other chemists I have to conclude that the chemists have far superior senses of humor.  LOL }

Occam

They kinda have to, no?  Make a mistake in chemistry and the person dies, oh well, its just one person. We can laugh that off.
Make a mistake in physics and the universe ends…. cheese

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 08 August 2011 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5165
Joined  2010-06-16

Nah, we can kill lots of people too.  Who do you think invented nerve gas and partially hydrogenated fats?  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 08 August 2011 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

If god were a person, people would blame him for the worst things he did, he created evil.

Since god is a other world spirit he gets credit for the good works, creating life.

If half the people place blame on him, maybe opinions about god are improving??

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

1 of 2