2 of 2
What Is God’s Excuse This Time?
Posted: 10 August 2011 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

“To be perfectly honest, Kevin, the fabric of the universe is far from perfect.  It was a bit of a rush job; we only had seven days to make it.” —Randal, “Time Bandits”

Posted: 10 August 2011 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
advocatus - 10 August 2011 10:05 AM

“To be perfectly honest, Kevin, the fabric of the universe is far from perfect.  It was a bit of a rush job; we only had seven days to make it.” —Randal, “Time Bandits”

Loved that film. Great Gilliam.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 October 2011 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2010-10-09

Great.

The Conspiracy vs. Cockup theory of history debate is well established. Do we now have a Conspiracy vs. Cockup debate about the Creation (or not) of the Universe?

I’ll go with Cockup, myself. As with the Conspiracy theory of history, I just don’t think that ANYONE was clever (or stupid?) enough to have intentionally designed it the way it is. Maybe the Creation of the Universe was just a Divine High-school chemistry experiment that went horribly, terribly wrong; I imagine “God” and his students (angels?) watching in appalled disbelief as the whole misbegotten thing unfolds….... 

“Oh no….. Not inflation. Please tell me we don’t have inflation…..”

“Where’s the fire extinguisher?”

“It’s too late for that! Evacuate the school! Evacuate…...AAAAAAAAAaaaaagh!!!!”

Posted: 12 October 2011 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26
Theflyingsorcerer - 12 October 2011 04:02 PM

Great.

The Conspiracy vs. Cockup theory of history debate is well established. Do we now have a Conspiracy vs. Cockup debate about the Creation (or not) of the Universe?

I’ll go with Cockup, myself. As with the Conspiracy theory of history, I just don’t think that ANYONE was clever (or stupid?) enough to have intentionally designed it the way it is. Maybe the Creation of the Universe was just a Divine High-school chemistry experiment that went horribly, terribly wrong; I imagine “God” and his students (angels?) watching in appalled disbelief as the whole misbegotten thing unfolds….... 

“Oh no….. Not inflation. Please tell me we don’t have inflation…..”

“Where’s the fire extinguisher?”

“It’s too late for that! Evacuate the school! Evacuate…...AAAAAAAAAaaaaagh!!!!”

LOL

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 12 October 2011 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

I have the perfect solution to the entire argument.

Yes, God did exist and is causal to the creation of the Universe. Unfortunately God was consumed (converted) during the creation and no longer exists, so we’ll just have to make do with physics and evolution…. cheese

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 13 October 2011 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2010-10-09

Makes sense to me.

Sort of.

2 of 2