3 of 3
David Frum and Kenneth Silber - Conservatives and Science
Posted: 31 August 2011 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Adam Isaak - 01 August 2011 05:01 PM

When it comes to the U.S. political right, it often appears that the opposition to science-and reason in general-is everywhere. From climate change denial to anti-evolutionism; from debt ceiling denial to, that’s right, incandescent light bulb availability denial; conservatives today have plenty to answer for.

Fortunately, some conservatives know it. And given how much he has blasted the “Republican War on Science” in the past, on this show Chris Mooney wanted to hear their take.

http://www.pointofinquiry.org/david_frum_and_kenneth_silber_conservatives_and_science/

I finally got around to this one—I think Chris is doing a great job bringing in a variety of guests and topics.

Like the speakers I became a Republican back in the 70s when it was the ‘left’ that was anti-science and less reality-based.
The speakers brought up post-modernism and ‘new age mysticism’——these are not ‘conservative’ anti-science examples—-

I think the speakers might have argued for a clearer distinction between the poles of “left-wing” and “right-wing” where in both cases the facts are interpreted to fit the ideology.
The middle ground of conservative and liberal should include those who are open to reason, debate, and logical arguments.

We don’t hear from reality-based conservatives and need more folks like these guys.

Posted: 18 October 2011 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-10-18

WORD! :D

Posted: 19 October 2011 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
rg21 - 07 August 2011 10:42 AM

I sat in a room of about 150 students at an official, registered SDS meeting. In came Mark Rugg and a mulatto companion. “The purpose of The Revolution is to kill all of the white people,” the mulatto solemnly announced to the audience which was all white except one Japanese-American. Rudd of course was white and this speaker was at least half white. The purpose of this meeting was to sign people up right now to go to Chicago and start that Revolution. So don’t talk to me about peaceful student protests or peaceful anything and don’t talk to me about delusional realities. Leftists are sociopaths and lying sons of bitches.

Mulatto is considered a racist and derogatory term these days unless used in a historical sense. A little out of touch, are you?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 October 2011 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
rg21 - 08 August 2011 03:54 AM

Homosexual legitimization: presented as an equal rights issue. Homosexuals always have had the same rights as the rest of us. None of us can marry anyone we want or anyone we love. We have restrictions, all of us the same restrictions. Equal. What is being sought is special privileges for special people. What is being accomplished is defining deviance down to redeem one, but only one group of deviants despite a presentation much more broadly applicable, but not equal rights. Anyone with logical thinking capacity, and certainly judges should grasp this instantly, but the left deliberately and shamelessly uses the endlessly repeated lie as a strategy.

AHA, things become much clearer! Of course someone who calls gays ‘deviant’ would call blacks ‘mulatto’.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

3 of 3