New Guy 2.0
Posted: 28 October 2006 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-10-28

Hi!  I have been listening to Point of Inquiry for a while now.  Every Friday or Saturday I go to pointofinquiry.org and download the mp3, but I’ve never bothered to stick around on the site and notice there is a phpBB forum.  Wow, do I feel dumb!

My screenname is my real name, which is pretty unique.  It’s a combination of "aerie" and "Erik."

Lately I’ve been subscribing to a lot of different forums, sometimes as "Aerik" or "onlyAerik," which is the surname of my email address (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)).  The forum I’m most active on is Skepticality’s forum.  I am also a forum member at IIDB.org, skepticforum.com, skepticfriends.org (least active forum for me), and a few more atheist forums, as well as a member of some atheist and skeptics’ Google Groups.  I have a blog, and accounts on del.icio.us, digg.com, reddit.com, stumbleupon.com, cocomment.com, and as of this afternoon, newsvine.com.  I really love to keep up with and share skeptical & science - related news.

I have only recently discovered the world of RSS/atom/rdf feeds; a fact you can probably track by my recent jump in forum usage on the ‘net, usually in the form of replies.

I look forward to some discussion on Point of Inquiry!

Posted: 28 October 2006 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Great! Glad to have you around Aerik. When I get a few extra minutes I’ll check out some of the sites you mention. I’m familiar with Skepticality of course; glad they’re back making podcasts with Skeptic magazine.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 29 October 2006 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-10-28

There’s also rationalresponders.com, which is based on an internet radio show that often airs wednesday nights at 8pm cst (gmt minus 6), right after Infidel Guy .  Then there’s the Bad-Astronomy / Universe Today forum , where we usually talk about astronomy news, but occasionally somebody asks a good astrophysics (or just ordinary evryday physics) question.  The other day I answered a guy’s query about since now we know that stellar clusters will sort themselves so that more massive stars go towards the center, what would happen if one of them went supernova.  I have the BAUT forum on a feed, and I’m the last person to talk about it.  Not even Fraser Cain followed up.  Guess I answered well?

‹‹ I’m Occam      new guy in Austin ››