Although a thread titled "What is Your Philosophy" is already running, I didn’t feel it was focused on the real topic. This seems to me to be what the question was about. What would your answers be to both of the below sub-topics?
When people talk about one╠s philosophy of life they could mean the most important beliefs they judge to be their core, or the rules they use to guide their lives.
If the former, mine are as follows:
1) Meaning or purpose is a concept that comes only from a reasoning mind. The universe exists but has no meaning other than that which we define for it.
2) It is a meaningless waste of time to postulate existence and beings outside our physical world, and which we cannot demonstrate.
3) All life, including humans, are natural phenomena that have evolved without any outside influence other than the physical environment.
4) The only meaning to each of our lives is that which each of us defines by our ideas and our actions.
If we mean by a philosophy of life, a set of rules to guide one╠s life, mine would be (a bit similar to the Unitarian Principles):
1. Treat everyone and everything honestly, fairly, justly, and lovingly with respect and understanding.
2. Help others to grow, but give them the freedom to forge their own path without limiting or directing them.
3. Think carefully, independently, and work toward reality, understanding, meaning, and consensus.
4. Work to make the life of every person happier, easier or fuller, and if possible, to avoid ever hurting anyone.
5. Live my life joyfully for the benefit of others as well as myself.
P.S. And it would great if I could live my life according to all of these, but I’m pretty imperfect so I mess up pretty frequently. :?